SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four Articles

Smoggy

I know there is a thread for quotes, but I'm sure articles will start coming as this week gets going.

Share what you find for all of us.

This article is from NHL.com

Not only was the Holy Cross OT upset, 4-3, over Minnesota in the West Regional semifinal a first-ever No. 4 seed victory over a No. 1 seed in four years of the new alignment of 16 teams, but it is also considered by most pundits to be the biggest upset in NCAA puck history. ... Minnesota went 0-7 on the power play that game, after entering with a nation-best 23.1 percent rating. ...

:lol:

There's a fine line between confident and cocky, and I think the BC backup goalie may have crossed it.

That's ok. After all, if you follow the word of the backup BC Goaltender article, the teams already faced off against each other. So, Pearce showed up to an empty arena. :lol:

Can't really trust a hometown newspaper of a player who doesn't do a simple fact check.

Here's a conspiracy theory article from The Wisconsin State Journal

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/bad....php?ntid=78397

Here's one on the BC backup goalie

http://bulletin.gmnews.com/news/2006/0330/Sports/037.html

Damit, damit, damit. I've been going through withdrawal and there was a game on the 30th!! Where the he!! was I?! :lol:

The Eagles play North Dakota today at 3 p.m. in Milwaukee.

Here's a conspiracy theory article from The Wisconsin State Journal

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/bad....php?ntid=78397

At first I thought you could make an argument about trying to limit WCHA participationl, but CC and Minnesota lost in the first round. It's hard to argue they would've done any better against anyone else.

There's a fine line between confident and cocky, and I think the BC backup goalie may have crossed it.

I'm sure I'll upset people, but seriously a lot of students choose communications because it's an easier major. So this surprised me:

Joe Pearce returned to Boston College's hockey team after taking a year off to concentrate on his studies as a communications major

I'm sure I'll upset people, but seriously a lot of students choose communications because it's an easier major. So this surprised me:

He isn't the first student athlete taking an "easy" major that's had trouble with his studies, and he won't be the last.

He isn't the first student athlete taking an "easy" major that's had trouble with his studies, and he won't be the last.

If it weren't for athletics, I wonder if my son would have made it through school!! Not everyone is 'gifted'.

This ESPN article is mostly about BC from last year and similar to another BC article but had this interesting quote:

In six of the last nine NCAA tournaments, either the eventual champion has beaten the Sioux in the regional final round or later, which was the case with Michigan ('98), Boston College ('01) and Denver ('04 and '05), or North Dakota has skated off with the championship ('97, '00).