SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU WCHA Final Five poster

johndahl

Anyone else notice the Red Baron poster given out for free at the tournament today showing the North Dakota State University Sioux hockey team? Real nice, guys. You can let the Red Baron know what you think of NDSU at comments@redbaron.com (don't forget to let them know how much you like their Tombstone pizza :lol: ).

ndsu.jpg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outrageous! You would think that someone from the tournament committee would review these things before they are handed out. Another item was the DQ cup. Minnesota State, St. Cloud State, Minnesota Duluth and Minnesota competed in a dozen games that were combined to determine a winner of the DQ Cup. Between periods at one of the final five games a spokesmen of DQ touted it as only Minnesota division one teams competing for the cup. If so

They mentioned that during the game (Hennessy did). Also said that Harmeson was FUMING about it. Lotysz said it shows disrespect. I would tend to agree, but it's hard to imagine this was on purpose.

STILL though.... :lol:

All of us should write the WCHA and complain about it. I didn't notice it because I just took it and tossed it u under my seat. However, one of my buddies brought it to my attention. They shouldn't have passed them out if they were wrong.

They should have never been handed out with that error.

A formal letter of apology from the WCHA to the University of North Dakota is in order.

I believe the same would be true from Red Baron (and maybe theirs should have a check with it).

PS - Red Baron is part of Schwan's. Boycott (until they apologize) anyone?

http://www.schwansfoodservice.com/Brands/RedBaron.asp

I would think that we at least should hear an explanation of why it happened.

Let's remember it wasn't until Sunday night that the teams were finalized.

The big question is who was responsible for the product. I see a few different possibilities.

1. Red Baron (schwans)

2. The WCHA

3. The Host School (if that's applicable)

Whoever was responsible for the picture should have caught that. It's a snub; but minor.

I doubt that it was Red Baron just because they probably "wrote a check" and that was the sum of their imput. (They do have a business to run.

Due to the time frame it was probably printed locally. The background would have been ready to go before Monday. So it was grab the team pix and go.

I did do a search on the WCHA site and they don't mention it at all.

I don't feel that bad about it as they also mispelled Goophers.

I would think that we at least should hear an explanation of why it happened.

Doesn't matter when the teams were finalized. How many times has the University of North Dakota team been in the Final Five?? NDSU isn't in the WCHA. UND and NDSU should not have been mixed up in this instance. No excuses at all. If it were my marketing guy, I would have fired him.

Its pretty bad when the national media gets UND and NDSU mixed up. Its worse when it is a LOCAL (as in MSP/St Paul) organization that screws up. Shame on them.

I'd buy that argument if NDSU had a hockey team and was a WCHA school that could have possibly made the tournament. I could have told you well before sunday night that NDSU wouldn't be making the tournament. It would be one thing to accidentally misspell a schools name, it's another to put a completely different school that isn't even associated with the sport.

Doesn't matter when the teams were finalized. How many times has the University of North Dakota team been in the Final Five?? NDSU isn't in the WCHA. UND and NDSU should not have been mixed up in this instance. No excuses at all. If it were my marketing guy, I would have fired him.

Its pretty bad when the national media gets UND and NDSU mixed up. Its worse when it is a LOCAL (as in MSP/St Paul) organization that screws up. Shame on them.

Just suppose they rushed and put the low bid printer in charge of it. The guy at the printer happens to be not from here, maybe even a non-hockey playing country.

All of us should write the WCHA and complain about it. I didn't notice it because I just took it and tossed it u under my seat. However, one of my buddies brought it to my attention. They shouldn't have passed them out if they were wrong.

Naw - it wasn't on purpose but of course it shouldn't have happened either though. I guarantee you there would be hell to pay if the goofs were listed as " U of M Crookston" There should be hell to pay as it is as your right - they shouldn't have been passed out.

As a big bison fan who attended the final 5, I thought it was funny but completely outrageous at the same time. Many people there had to point the poster out to me since I seemed to be the only guy at the bars/X to be wearing the green and gold. How could the poster maker mess that one.

NDSU has had a problem with recognition. If you remember back to the Bison win over the Badgers in BB the ESPN announcers mixed us up for you guys. "NDSU fighting bison...We knew that NDSU had a good hockey team but we didn't know they had a good basketball team.."

Then I heard a badger fan behind me this weekend ask "Is UND from Fargo?"

So I agree, most people don't have much of a clue on what goes on in ND. For the most part they really don't care.

I also wonder...maybe it was a gopher fan that sabatoged the poster. But that would take someone of sports intelligence to know about the rivalry.

I wonder if we might see: "University of Minnesota Crookston" for next weekend's programs.