SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo Marathon and Beer

SiouxMD

• 1 month later...

Are you ready?

I am currently healthy...injury free...and ready to GO! ???

I may actually end up running 13.6 miles on saturday. My two eldest daughters (5 & 6) will be running the Kid's 1/2 Mile...and of course they want me to run with them.

I be running the half this year. I would love to stay after for a few beers, but due to a prior commitment I have to get back to Fergus Falls right after the race. I will be the runner that will be carrying a "Fighting Sioux" flag the last few miles. I can't wait to see it on the Fargodome jumbotron! A perfect way to once again tell the Bison to kiss my ass!

I DID IT! :D

2:02:28

My goal was less than 2 hours... :)

Thanks to HockeyMom and the other message therapists for getting me back into shape for the 5-6 Year Old 1/2 mile!

It's Miller Time...

I saw those kids running, they are brutal! I had to laugh because one of them was walking and I cheered for her and she gave me a dirty look and said that she was POOPED and she wasn't running anymore. ;) I think that made my day.

Woohoo! We had over 200 runners come through the massage area. My goal next year is to organize the massage team, and run the half marathon......Big goal, but I talked a friend into it today.

I love doing something like this and hearing everyone's stories........they're just incredible. I talked to people from Florida, New Orleans and LA today. This event is just an incredible way for people to come to North Dakota and find out how great it really is here.

It's a great event, and I'm glad I get to be a part of it.

Great to meet you SiouxMD.

Congrats MD and thanks Hockey Mom! I finished in 2:04 (with the Sioux flag coming across the finish line of course)! It was refreshing to hear all the "Go Siouxs" along the way. It was even better to hear the Boos once inside the dome.

Congrats MD and thanks Hockey Mom! I finished in 2:04 (with the Sioux flag coming across the finish line of course)! It was refreshing to hear all the "Go Siouxs" along the way. It was even better to hear the Boos once inside the dome.

Way da go, Sioux27!!

I saw those kids running, they are brutal! I had to laugh because one of them was walking and I cheered for her and she gave me a dirty look and said that she was POOPED and she wasn't running anymore. ;) I think that made my day.

Woohoo! We had over 200 runners come through the massage area. My goal next year is to organize the massage team, and run the half marathon......Big goal, but I talked a friend into it today.

I love doing something like this and hearing everyone's stories........they're just incredible. I talked to people from Florida, New Orleans and LA today. This event is just an incredible way for people to come to North Dakota and find out how great it really is here.

It's a great event, and I'm glad I get to be a part of it.

Great to meet you SiouxMD.

Good job, HockeyMom. I'd run with you but I'm too old. (That's my story and I'm sticking with it.)

Good job, HockeyMom. I'd run with you but I'm too old. (That's my story and I'm sticking with it.)

That's no excuse, an 83 year old woman that started running when she was 57 ran the marathon yesterday. I think the most inspiring thing about being a part of something like this is, that you see people who finished the marathon and the half marathon in all shapes, sizes and ages.

Congratulations!

My wife saw you come across the finish line...she cheered for you as did my kids.

Are there any pictures of you crossing the finish line? If so...I would love to see them.

I know of at least one picture of me crossing the finish line. I will try get the pic and post it. I am thinking I will do 1 of 2 things for next year.

1) Get two other guys and myself to carry the huge U N D flags into the dome.

2) Put on a jersey and pads and spike a football at the finish/goal line.

And the best plan for the future.................

After we start playing the Bison again for the nickel, I will carry a replica nickel trophy into the dome!!