SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 Soccer Recruits

SiouxMD

I've seen recruits listed like that before. Here's a link to the gopher site that does it the same way.

http://www.gophersports.com/sportsNews/pre...port_id=wsoccer

On the other hand this seems like a really big class for soccer, it also seems like there are some quality kids in there. I guess the new coaches didn't waste anytime in recruiting.

Among the 15 signees are eight Minnesota products, two from North Dakota, two from Idaho, two from Nebraska and one from Wyoming. This group has extensive championship experience as the class has combined to win 10 High School State Championships and 33 US Youth Soccer Club State Championships.

It is rather interesting to see recruits from Idaho, Nebraska, and Wyoming. It's not very often that we see recruits from these states on UND rosters.

I talked to Thompson a few weeks - he was very excited about the 12 commitments that he had at that time. He was pleasantly surprised how "relatively easy" it was to convince recruits to come to UND. The facilities, the people and the quality of the education impressed the recruits. Having a locker room and a very accessable (not used by too many other teams) weight room at the Betty were also big plusses.

It was good to hear this. Thompson is a winner. Hopefully, we can keep him for quite a while.

The "where froms" surprised me.

The shear number of recruits surprised me more. Wazzup widdat?

I think that having 3 different coaches in 3 years and 5 in 6 years implies that there may have been a need for a large class. Also with 7 seniors I think that women's soccer needed an influx of young talent.