SiouxSports.com Forum

Time to give credit where credit is due

siouxfan499

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Excellent win over a team that has gone 68-3 under Bo Ryan at home, I believe. Very Very tough place to play. No jealousy on this end, I am very impressed as should all Sioux fans. Someday down the road maybe we will be in that situation. ???

How unlucky to get the big win on the day Duke and Pitt lost -- any other day it would be the lead basketball story. Nonetheless, definitely the first time I've ever heard "North Dakota State" mentioned in the national sports media without having had to seek it out. Very nice.

To tie it to the UND division classification question, this is exactly the type of scenario I've claim UND would prefer (at least for basketball). There's no chance that UND would ever go far into the tournament, or even regularly beat ranked teams, but I still claim the average basketball player would be more excited to get an infrequent win over a ranked/Big 10 team or even just appear in the Big Dance than going deep into the D2 tournament. (Of course, UND hasn't done that lately, either...)

Wisconsin falls to 5-2 all-time against North Dakota State. That is a big win for NDSU it shows that they can play.

Another solid game from Ben Woodside.... Who is in my opinion a top 20 player in the country. I think this shows that if he can stay out of foul trouble ( which he didn't do agianst Minnesota) they can beat almost anybody.

NDSU's team was impressive even before this shocker. ??? Got to hand it to them for landing Woodside. The coaches are doing a heck of a job down there too. Hopefully this will generate more interest in the team. Could this fallicitate more DI discussion among UND alumni? It seems inevitable now for SU BB to be getting more and more attention over UND, regardless of the quality of teams we're fielding. You know how competitive alumni get in appearing superior over our rival...

Congrats to NDSU for a well-earned victory. I'll be disappointed if ya lose any more games to the likes of Utah Valley State :lol:.

I think it isn't surprising.

UW came to play thinking that NDSU was a patsy. A subpar DII basketball team charading as a DI basketball team. They thought all they had to do was to do a good warm up routine and then take the pull overs off and the win would follow suit.

It's one of the things that I enjoy most about watching pro sports like the NFL for example. If you think they are patsies, you get beat. Someone tell me the Colts weren't looking past the Steelers. The Colts didn't come to play until the 4th Quarter and whattayaknow? Everyone's invited to Vanderjagt's house for the Super Bowl party.

UW got beaten for playing the same way. NDSU came to play. They probably said, "What the hell! They're the big dogs. Let's see if we can cut their paws off!" And UW was too fat and dumb to realise that NDSU came to play.

Good win by NDSU. I hope the UW players get to watch the game tape to watch how much they sucked.

How unlucky to get the big win on the day Duke and Pitt lost -- any other day it would be the lead basketball story. Nonetheless, definitely the first time I've ever heard "North Dakota State" mentioned in the national sports media without having had to seek it out. Very nice.

To tie it to the UND division classification question, this is exactly the type of scenario I've claim UND would prefer (at least for basketball). There's no chance that UND would ever go far into the tournament, or even regularly beat ranked teams, but I still claim the average basketball player would be more excited to get an infrequent win over a ranked/Big 10 team or even just appear in the Big Dance than going deep into the D2 tournament. (Of course, UND hasn't done that lately, either...)

I agree. I also think the average basketball fan would get more excited with the talent that we would get to watch come to town.

Why was Wisconsin playing a non-conference game when they are now into the Big Ten schedule? That just seemed strange to me. Though I guess Duke was playing Georgetown.

Wisconsin had a bye in the Big Ten schedule and perfered to play a game rather than sit one out.

Also Wisconsin is playing without 2 major bench players that will be suspended for an undisclosed amount of time.

I am?

I wasn't the only one not surprised that the Steelers beat the Colts.

Look, when a team like NDSU walks onto the basketball court against a team that is supposedly WORLDS better than they are talent wise, experience wise, and all, they are dangerous ONLY if the "better" team makes them dangerous.

What did NDSU have to lose if they lost to UW? NOTHING. If NDSU would have lost it would have just been a Big 10 team beating up on the "small guy." A 'patsy' victory. So UW looked PAST NDSU and played a half assed game.

NDSU, on the other hand, saw the game as an opportunity to show their stuff. They played HARD and aggressively. They really tried to win the game, even though they knew before the game that there was a very good chance they'd get slaughtered. Guess what! NDSU was the ONLY team that came to play!

And BINGO! UW looks up at the scoreboard and says "Dang, we lost! I thought these guys were patsies!" They deserved to lose for not taking their opponent seriously.

NDSU deserved to win, because they didn't turtle because UW is "bigger and better" than they are.

TOTAL props to NDSU. Live it up boys, you earned it.

Wisconsin had a bye in the Big Ten schedule and perfered to play a game rather than sit one out.

Also Wisconsin is playing without 2 major bench players that will be suspended for an undisclosed amount of time.

Thanks. It didn't make sense to play an extra game while trying to prepare for each Big Ten team. I can understand wanting to keep the games rolling, but I bet their regretting not leaving this date open now.

I am?

I wasn't the only one not surprised that the Steelers beat the Colts.

Look, when a team like NDSU walks onto the basketball court against a team that is supposedly WORLDS better than they are talent wise, experience wise, and all, they are dangerous ONLY if the "better" team makes them dangerous.

What did NDSU have to lose if they lost to UW? NOTHING. If NDSU would have lost it would have just been a Big 10 team beating up on the "small guy." A 'patsy' victory. So UW looked PAST NDSU and played a half assed game.

NDSU, on the other hand, saw the game as an opportunity to show their stuff. They played HARD and aggressively. They really tried to win the game, even though they knew before the game that there was a very good chance they'd get slaughtered. Guess what! NDSU was the ONLY team that came to play!

And BINGO! UW looks up at the scoreboard and says "Dang, we lost! I thought these guys were patsies!" They deserved to lose for not taking their opponent seriously.

NDSU deserved to win, because they didn't turtle because UW is "bigger and better" than they are.

TOTAL props to NDSU. Live it up boys, you earned it.

So how was the drive back from Madison? Spot on with "Bison played HARD" bit. (Figured you saw the game to know that.) I came through there late on Thursday night on the way back from Chicago and the roads were great, though they were expecting snow during the day Friday. Hopefully that didn't cause a headache for travelling. ;)

Oh, I wasn't surprised the Bison won the game either. I mean, seriously, a match-up of the #'s 164 and 13 teams in the country? And at the home court of the #13? At the very least, a pick 'em. :D I like the comparison to the Steelers/Colts game. Very (eerily) similar situations, for sure. Maybe I better catch SportsCenter later on and see if those guys catch that angle of the story. :D

You need to stick your top notch analytical skills to the sport you know best and forget about basketball. :D

Congrats to the Bison basketball team on a win that, like another poster stated, would likely have led off SportsCenter if it hadn't been for three former undefeateds taking it on the chin in the same day.

In spite of all the crap that goes on between fans of both schools which should be ignored by most fans, thanks for the support. I am one happy fan today I am trying to keep up on all the internet coverage of my favorite team. I am proud whenever a team representing my state does well.