SiouxSports.com Forum

UND/MSU Predictions

Hiram

Friday night woes continue. Sioux bring emotion and effort but little cohesiveness and take too many aggressive penalties. Tormey ISN'T hurt by his own player during the morning skate-around, and the Sioux bruise his upper body with shots.

Mavs 2 Sioux 1

Saturday night play continues. Sioux have worked the edge off of their emotions. They know they had the effort last night but just played a little to wild. If not for this realization, all confidence would be lost. Sioux go out and play high energy, coordinated hockey. Mav's work hard but can't keep up. Game isn't really in doubt after the 1st period. The 2nd and 4th lines carry the game. The Fabian/Prpich line mostly shuts down Backes/Morin. This game provides a springboard into a successful sweep of SCSU.

Sioux 4 Mavs 2

Goon said earlier yesterday: Ok, lest break this down further, Mankato have and tied beat UNO, tied and lost to Minnesota Duluth, beat and lost to Notre Dame, beat and lost to MTU, tied Yale, beat UNO and UAH (must have been a tourney), and beat UAA (2). That in my opinion is not very impressive list of teams, however, they have beat UND at home in the past. So on paper UND should win this series.

I am predicting a hard fought series and a sweep. I predict that MSU-M is going to spend a lot of its time running its mouth, I predict that Prpich is going to tangle with McKelvee. Lets just say that I am not impressed with MSU-M's record of the past 8 games, lets say that MSU-M went 6-1-1 against the week sisters of the poor, I don't think they played one top twenty program druing that time. If they had beaten some good programs I would have been impressed but they didn't. I am not saying UND should come out flat because if they do that is unexceptable. I just think UND should wipe the stupid grin of MSU-M players and their smug coach Jutting. Jutting is the king of Busch League tactics.

By the way I hate it when we play MSU-Mancows they always come to town running their mouths and their sticks up high. I hope their coach says something stupid like UND has no heart. Classic.

Edited by Goon

Hope the "taking nights off" have ended for the season. Not that the Sioux couldn't lose while playing hard. but more performances like Friday night against the Gophers, as well as several other first half games before that, are less acceptable now than they were then.

I am predicting a hard fought series and a sweep. I predict that MSU-M is going to spend a lot of its time running its mouth, I predict that Prpich is going to tangle with McKelvee. Lets just say that I am not impressed with MSU-M's record of the past 8 games, lets say that MSU-M went 6-1-1 against the week sisters of the poor, I don't think they played one top twenty program druing that time. If they had beaten some good programs I would have been impressed but they didn't. I am not saying UND should come out flat because if they do that is unexceptable. I just think UND should wipe the stupid grin of MSU-M players and their smug coach Jutting. Jutting is the king of Busch League tactics.

By the way I hate it when we play MSU-Mancows they always come to town running their mouths and their sticks up high. I hope their coach says something stupid like UND has no heart. Classic.

Penalty Minutes: Games PIM PIM/G

1 North Dakota 26 600 23.1

2 Michigan Tech 24 544 22.7

3 Minnesota State 24 468 19.5

4 Wisconsin 22 421 19.1

5 Alaska Anchorage 24 455 19.0

6 Minnesota Duluth 24 444 18.5

Minnesota 24 444 18.5

8 Colorado College 26 473 18.2

9 Denver 24 422 17.6

10 St. Cloud State 22 314 14.3

:huh:

I was under the impression that we couldn't do predictions for this series. That it had to be in the other thread. Am I wrong PCM?

I predict a split. Or UND coming out with 3 points. Flickertails have been way inconsistent for me to give them the four points...even against MSU.