SiouxSports.com Forum

WJHC Time again

Sioux_Hab-it

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I am Canadian, I fully agree with the TSN assessment.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp?id=145718

The bad news is that everyone on the planet will see just how good several of the freshmen are which could shorten their Sioux careers. ;)

So I figure we will be without:

Lee

Oshie

Toews

Finley???

Jones???

Chorney???

Might make for some difficult games...

So I figure we will be without:

Lee

Oshie

Toews

Finley???

Jones???

Chorney???

Might make for some difficult games...

You can put a question mark by Toews also. Most people on national chat boards(hfboards.com) feel he is too young and there are other better players then him, so most feel he is on the bubble, therefore I would put the question marks by him. I also figure that Finley has no chance of getting on the team. There are too many good players to have him on there it would seem. He hasn't really stood out defensively yet, so I guess I don't think he'll be on there. Jones, Chorney, Lee, and Oshie definetely all have a very good chance.

i say these 3 from UND...oshie, lee and chorney..thats it with chorney being the only question but i think he has a good shot..

toews a question because of his age...we all know he can play on that team.

tha harvard series should be the only series that they will miss if i'm correct, they will just then hop on a plane to alaska for that weekend series with the players being in vancouver already jan 6,7.

i say these 3 from UND...oshie, lee and chorney..thats it with chorney being the only question but i think he has a good shot..

toews a question because of his age...we all know he can play on that team.

tha harvard series should be the only series that they will miss if i'm correct, they will just then hop on a plane to alaska for that weekend series with the players being in vancouver already jan 6,7.

Honestly I think Zach Jones has a very good chance of being on the team, considering he is highly rated for next years' draft already.

Honestly I think Zach Jones has a very good chance of being on the team, considering he is highly rated for next years' draft already.

i do agree about jones but i cant see them taking 3 d men from the sioux plus oshie, then again if hes good enough then who cares...the US team will be damn good this year, should be fun to watch.

I say the only given is Lee.

Chorney and Oshie are "very likely"

Jones and Toews at best have a chance at being named alternates.

Toews could very well not make the team this year due to his age and the long list of players ahead of him (they might take Chucko over Toews! ;) )

As for Jones and the draft... I'm not sure if he'll be taken in the 2006 draft. He was already passed over in the 2005 draft.

I say the only given is Lee.

Chorney and Oshie are "very likely"

Jones and Toews at best have a chance at being named alternates.

Toews could very well not make the team this year due to his age and the long list of players ahead of him (they might take Chucko over Toews! ;) )

As for Jones and the draft... I'm not sure if he'll be taken in the 2006 draft. He was already passed over in the 2005 draft.

The preliminary rankings for next years draft have Zach Jones as something like the 5th overall NCAA Skater in the draft for the NHL preliminary rankings.

That TSN article is the biggest sandbagging job I think I have ever read. The freakin' Canadians are the favorites in every international tourney they enter. Sure the US looks like they will have a good shot, but one bad game in nets and they could easily be beaten.

zach jones is ranked 5th by CSS for NCAA players in the draft next year. Based on previous years... the fifth college kid taken is usually in the first round.

How would a projected 5th round pick for 2005 go in the first round in 2006?

No, if Zach gets drafted at all, it will be in the later rounds 6th or later. I have nothing against Zach nor would I be opposed if he DID go in the first round, but this is HIGHLY unlikely.

Out of curiosity, which players do you base this projection upon?

That TSN article is the biggest sandbagging job I think I have ever read. The freakin' Canadians are the favorites in every international tourney they enter. Sure the US looks like they will have a good shot, but one bad game in nets and they could easily be beaten.

If there isn't a better goalie out there than Schneider, the US will have a tough time winning.

especially if Frazee is in net ;)

Don't understand the concept that Toews is too young.

If he's too young for Canada - then maybe Kessel is too young for the US ?

Kessel Date of birth - - - 10/2/87

Toews Date of birth - - - 4/29/88

Kessel about 7 months older - is it that big a deal at their level of experience ?

I just think Toews is good enough to be on the team.

zach jones is ranked 5th by CSS for NCAA players in the draft next year. Based on previous years... the fifth college kid taken is usually in the first round.

Not true. This list is of students currently in college. There is a HUGE number of kids coming into college next year that are not on this list and will be drafted long before Jones.

I don't want to be misleading here, I am very happy we have him, but he is not a first rounder. ;)

Kessel about 7 months older - is it that big a deal at their level of experience ?

From what I gathered it isn't talent that will keep Toews off the team. It's that there are enough returnees and qualified older players ahead of Toews that will keep him off the team. It's an age thing.

And I agree with siouxnami about Jones. I think, if he is drafted, the highest he could possibly be taken is the 6th round.

We should know by late today or tomorrow if Toews is invited to the final camp of 34 that is set to start next Monday. In a leak of names Esposito who is only 16 has been invited so don't count Toews out.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?id=145812

...From what I gathered it isn't talent that will keep Toews off the team...

Careful you know we don't talk at all about bias against NCAA players around here. ;)

Frazee may just be the guy. Hard to say if Schnieder will do better, but I'm guessing they will both get a chance and hopefully one of them will get a hot hand.

I'd really like to see the US win the tourney on Canadian ice.

Its official, right after the series with the Goofs, Toews will be going to Team Canada's final selection camp of 34. With Sutter as the returning coach and his admiration of solid two way play don't be surprised if he makes the team. Good Luck Jonathan.

http://www.tsn.ca/World_jrs/feature.asp?fid=1007

http://www.tsn.ca/World_jrs/feature.asp?fid=1985

Paukovich?:0;) Just because the games are in Vancouver doesn't mean the US should take our version of Bertuzzi. Paukovich is a slow sloppy player who contributes almost no offense. Without looking at the USCH stats, I'm guessing he has very few points this season. This could also create some tension on the team between him and the Sioux players.

Paukovich?:0;) Just because the games are in Vancouver doesn't mean the US should take our version of Bertuzzi. Paukovich is a slow sloppy player who contributes almost no offense. Without looking at the USCH stats, I'm guessing he has very few points this season. This could also create some tension on the team between him and the Sioux players.

You're right. Paukovich has a grand total of three assists in 16 games. I wonder if one of those isn't the CC goal he deflected in on Saturday? :)

You'd think that with all the injuries DU has had to their forwards, Paukovich would be providing more offensive production.