SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's DI review committee

The Sicatoka

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?

The Mid Con champion (Oakland) did win the Mid Con Tournament.

If you're trying to say that had ORU won the MC Tournament in 2005 they would've been seeded 16th outright, well then maybe that's right. Who knows?

Sorry, the ORU was the Mid-Con regular season champion. With 25 wins they would easily have been a 16th or better seed if they had also won the Mid-Con tourney, IMO.

That's not my original point though. My original point was that the Big Sky does not always have a higher seed than the Mid-Con, or is the Big Sky always a better conference in basketball. It's a year to year thing.

....With the last two seasons having gone to the Big Sky.

The best team in the MCC (Oral Roberts) is not going to be close to Montana next season. So make that three years in a row.

That's fine with me. :D

I didn't say anything about "in" a particular sport (note the "and" between the "name schools" thought and the "BB RPI" thought).

Quite simply:

Montana or IUPUI?

Montana State or Centenary?

I do have to say, my preference is the Big Sky in all sports.......may not happen, but it is choice #1 for me.......

Mid-Con expansion for the SU's is more likely than Big Sky expansion. Since being in a conference is a key component to UND's decision, I am eager to see how/where UND joins a D-1 conference. Whereever it is, I suspect it's the same one as the SU's join. If it isn't, how UND did it, and survives the transition years with out the SU's being their active partner in all sports, I'm not fathoming.

I suspect the Mid-con decision will be made this summer. Has UND been in talks with the Mid-Con? Or just the Big Sky? The Big SKy has been a disappointment to the SU's while going through the tough transition years. Hope you have a conference home to move to!

The point of raising the Mid-con is that may be a home rather than Big SKy. I believe that Big Sky would not invite a D2 in, even with a commitment to go D-1, if no SU coattails to come in on. If SU's go mid-con, and UND has not even approached Mid-con, then would be left out in the cold North Dakota winter nights, with no conference to join in D-1.

You're finally starting to understand. Numbers can be manipulated. UND being in the "red" could just mean any number of different things. Like being truthful while others are not. SDSU was not any better financially when they went D1 than UND will be. UND is (trying) not to lead with their heart and emotions like SDSU did, but (like Kuppy said we might have to) when 3 of your conference mates leave within a few years it makes it harder on you and in a way "forces" you to move.

Proportiantly speaking of course, I find it interesting that UND is supposedly running a huge deficit but still shows a profit on the "manipulative" http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/index.asp

site, while NDSU and several other schools miraculously generate exactly the same amount of revenue from athletics as they spend. (as reported to the government).

Proportiantly speaking of course, I find it interesting that UND is supposedly running a deficit and shows a profit on the "manipulative" http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/index.asp

site, while NDSU and several other schools miraculously spend exactly the same amount on athletics as they spend (as reported to the government).

I find it interesting that there is no mention of tuition waivers on that site.

What would you guys think about a rule change that says if a non football athlete transfers from a DI college that plays DI-A football to a DI college that doesn't play DI-A football, he/she wouldn't have to sit out?

I think it would never happen.

The rule isn't as much about football as basketball (and keeping a team from "loading up" for a season).

I find it interesting that there is no mention of tuition waivers on that site.

They're most likely "institutional support."

And be caresul on that topic. The sword has two sharp edges. (NDSU is looking at some in their minor sports is what I've read.)

I disagree. Star2city is my hero, and I wish he were the President and AD of UND. You'd be surprised, he knows quite a bit.

Ill honestly admit that Star2City is very knowledgeable, and i enjoy reading his posts. But then he says something like this that is completely untrue and everyone sees it as fact because nobody knows better. It make you wonder how many other times he says something very convincingly that isn't really that accurate and most of us take it as fact... :D

The rule isn't as much about football as basketball (and keeping a team from "loading up" for a season).

But the point is that schools that aren't in the BCS confrences (IE. "Mid Majors") would be able to play transfers from "Majors" programs right away.

This is consistant with the NCAA transfer policy that if an athlete transfers down, they're eligible the next season. I consider transferring from a Major program to a Mid Major program to be as significant of a step down as transferring from DI to DII.

But the point is that schools that aren't in the BCS confrences (IE. "Mid Majors") would be able to play transfers from "Majors" programs right away.

This is consistant with the NCAA transfer policy that if an athlete transfers down, they're eligible the next season. I consider transferring from a Major program to a Mid Major program to be as significant of a step down as transferring from DI to DII.

The NCAA says there's just "DI" in hoops. (Mid-major is an undefined term thrown about like it means something.)

And by admitting that you are admitting there is a whole realm of "wannabes" out there in DI, or a whole missing level.

I already knew that DI is one unit in non football sports.

The point is that in all non footbal sports, the BCS schools have a huge advantage in availible money to spend on those sports.

There is a rift there, whether the NCAA wants to acknowlege it or not.

I disagree. Star2city is my hero, and I wish he were the President and AD of UND. You'd be surprised, he knows quite a bit.
Thanks bin, but if your wish came true, all us Sioux fans would really be in trouble. :lol::D

Ill honestly admit that Star2City is very knowledgeable, and i enjoy reading his posts. But then he says something like this that is completely untrue and everyone sees it as fact because nobody knows better. It make you wonder how many other times he says something very convincingly that isn't really that accurate and most of us take it as fact... :love:

I don't have a problem whatsover with aff (or whoever) posting here. But his posting history shows an unusual concern with SDSU two years ago, and now he/she wants to present himself as a concerned Sioux fan or at a minimum, an unbiased poster.

Thanks bin, but if your wish came true, all us Sioux fans would really be in trouble. :lol::D

I don't have a problem whatsover with aff (or whoever) posting here. But his posting history shows an unusual concern with SDSU two years ago, and now he/she wants to present himself as a concerned Sioux fan or at a minimum, an unbiased poster.

I'm sorry, but I have, and probably won't ever, claim to be a Sioux Fan. I also am not an SDSU, NDSU, or UNC. I've said it before, but usually posters on this board have an wealth of inaccurate info about schools outside of ND, and usually they start telling it to me when they disagree about something. I am a fan of Minnesota, which is how I found this board in the first place, and I have watched a lot of NCC games in the last couple of years, due to the position I'm in. It's seriously just coicidence that it is about SDSU, probably due to the relationship SDSU and UND have to NDSU. I don't feel comfortable giving out details of my personal or professional life, but if you send me a message I will discuss some aspects of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Refresh my memory......what is the date the UND Committee is going to have a report out on a DI-move?

End of the semester. Now I'm asking "which" semester. :)

The meeting Monday was final draft.

I'm wondering when the Herald is going to get it and put it out there for the rest of us. I hope they plan to.

The Sicatoka (or anyone else), do you have a non-siouxsports.com reference to the date being changed. I've looked myself but didn't find anything.

Heck, try to find the June 1 date in the manuals up to ten days ago. ;)

Geez I love the NCAA. :)