SiouxSports.com Forum

Men's Basketball

bincitysioux

Sioux win, but have to be about the most unimpressive 4-1 team in dII. I'm not seeing a whole lot of likely wins on the schedule barring a major turnaround.

The Men need Koenig and Lindahl back and in a hurry. They were very unimpressive tonight. I honestly don't know if this team would finish in the upper half of the NSIC with the lineup on the floor tonight. #10 needs to learn to dribble less and find his post more. Stop looking off the real scorers on the team and take the shots of the reversal. It seems to me that Glas is really struggling with his young team. That's something we can't forget! They are really young. However, Mary is not an impressive team either, and to barely eek out wins vs Mary, VCSU and UMC and lose to Mayville we may be in for a long year........if Tyler and Evan aren't back soon.

The Sioux shot about 47% from the field tonight and a respectable 78% from the line. That's not bad, but the lack of Defense especially when the offense was heating up was a major negative. Allow a team like Mary to shoot 47% and out rebound you is not good. Especially the 7 second chance O boards.

There is optimism though. A lineup of Harkins, Nobles, Jacobson, Lindahl and Koenig with Gutter off the bench. (or some other mix of those six) That's not a bad six for the NCC. They just need to develop depth and roles for those players. Maybe this time of struggle will be good for the young guys in the long run.

I have also been impressed with the overall disipline in T. Liekes' game. He was a gunner in high school, but has really began attempting to look for his teammates first and his shot second. Tonight I believe he was 2 for 2 I don't recall him forcing anything. He may turn out to be a decent point guard.

Oh and one more thing.....has anyone that was at the game seen uniforms that are any harder on the eyes than Mary's Blue, Orange, White and Black Trailblazer uniforms.........YUCK!

Also, where is Bledsoe been. Have I missed a reason that he's on the roster, not in the picture or on the bench for the last two games?

Well those are my ramblings after watching tonights game. Good Luck to the Sioux men, I hope they get healthy soon!

Also, where is Bledsoe been. Have I missed a reason that he's on the roster, not in the picture or on the bench for the last two games?

I believe red-shirt players are allowed to have a little bit longer holiday break. I seem to recall past years where the red-shirts weren't on the bench for games immediately before or after Thanksgiving.

There is optimism though. A lineup of Harkins, Nobles, Jacobson, Lindahl and Koenig with Gutter off the bench. (or some other mix of those six) That's not a bad six for the NCC. They just need to develop depth and roles for those players. Maybe this time of struggle will be good for the young guys in the long run.

I agree that if healthy, that wouldn't be a bad group--if they were actually motivated to play hard all the time. However, I'm not at all convinced we'll see Koenig this year. I have no inside information, but the fact that it said in the Herald article today that there's still no timetable for his return doesn't give me much confidence.

Glas said Lindahl, who is battling a knee injury, may resume practice today, but his status remains unclear. There is no timetable yet on Koenig's return.