SiouxSports.com Forum

GF Herald bashing MBB

D1sioux

Apolling Appalling? If you read the article, I'm not sure how you could've used any positives in the headline or the lead. The team misses free throws, shoots poorly, doesn't hustle and the coach says that they don't have any passion... I'm not sure that "Sioux demolish Golden Eagles" would be an appropriate headline. Of course, what do I know? That's the disgruntled Sioux fan mentality. Find fault in something, heck, even blame the media. Couldn't get a dig in on how it wasn't televised?

"We took a step backward as far as our development as a basketball team," UND coach Rich Glas said. "We didn't have the passion to play. I could smell that in practice (Monday). We weren't into practice at all."

"The big disappointment was that we didn't have heart," Glas said. "It was like pulling teeth."

It's tough to write an up-beat story when one of the key parts of the story is saying things like that.

Team motivation and development is a coaching and administrative (exciting schedule you want to play as a player) issue.

"What is being done on those fronts?" is probably the better question here.

It's tough to write an up-beat story when one of the key parts of the story is saying things like that.

Team motivation and development is a coaching and administrative (exciting schedule you want to play as a player) issue.

"What is being done on those fronts?" is probably the better question here.

I suppose I should give Rich credit for being so candid. But between those comments, and the loss to Mayville, you have to wonder what's going through Mr. Buning's mind right now with regard to the state of what should be the third-biggest revenue generating program in the athletic department. Thankfully, Gene's team is doing the heavy lifting right now and since most games are part of a double-header, the financial impact of an under-performing program won't be quite as severe as it otherwise could be. But oh, for the days of the early 90's when Hyslop was mostly full for the entire conference season. With what the women are doing, and have been doing for most of the last 15-20 years, if the men could ever get back to where they once were, I have a feeling the budget deficit could be erased rather quickly.

I suppose I should give Rich credit for being so candid. But between those comments, and the loss to Mayville, you have to wonder what's going through Mr. Buning's mind right now with regard to the state of what should be the third-biggest revenue generating program in the athletic department.

How about...

"Glas? I thought he was the kicker."

I listened to part of the game, and both teams were struggling..neither team had scored in 4-5 minutes and it didn't sound like it was because of intense defense ??? When your own coach is stating that it is like pulling teeth and he saw on Monday that there was no "passion", wouldn't you try to fix that on Monday???? prior to the game on Tuesday??? Hopefully, things will improve, but from listening last night..I don't know that the Herald is that far out of line.

I listened to part of the game, and both teams were struggling..neither team had scored in 4-5 minutes and it didn't sound like it was because of intense defense ??? When your own coach is stating that it is like pulling teeth and he saw on Monday that there was no "passion", wouldn't you try to fix that on Monday???? prior to the game on Tuesday??? Hopefully, things will improve, but from listening last night..I don't know that the Herald is that far out of line.

I was at the game and the headline fits the game to a 'T'. The team played horrible down the stretch. W/o Tyler and Lindal there isn't much to be "Thankful" for. Quick improvements are necessary.

I was at the game and the headline fits the game to a 'T'. The team played horrible down the stretch. W/o Tyler and Lindal there isn't much to be "Thankful" for. Quick improvements are necessary.

UMC is awful to, they will be lucky to win many games, i expect more than the effort i saw during that game