SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's BB

UND Fan

The Women B-Ball team looks Very Good right now, The Chemistry seems to be excellent,They move the B-Ball as well as anyone I have watched......Maybe the Mens Team should attend a Gene Roebuck Practice to understand "BALL MOVEMENT"...and their relentless defense gives them High Pct Turn over baskets......Kristi B. is so unselfish that's why she could be the Best Women's Player in D2 This Year.....They are Fun..With a Capital to "F" to Watch....

Edited by coachdags

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will echo the thoughts of the UND womens team. They are unselfish and play so well togather. The bench players could have a whole team of there own and do quite will against many teams. To simply blow out UMC is pretty impressive. I think UMC gave the bison women a tough time not to long ago, and we just crushed them early and often. I can't wait until Tuesday's game to listen to, and then the game at home saturday should be great. Let's get the Betty rocking for this exciting women's team.

In high school last year she wouldn't even use the board on her inside shots, who knows what she would have scored. She missed so many shots that would bounce of the other side of the rim,

Looking at the MSHSL site, Kimbrough had field goal percentages of 65.23% and 62.2% respectively for her junior and senior years...don't know many coaches who wouldn't take that...good news is...she does have a way to go and is pretty outstanding already...will be exciting to see the development. The women are a treat to watch. Kristi B is definatley a great leader and so talented..the younger girls are lucky to play with her and will hopefully learn a lot. Mahlum is fun to watch and you can just see the frustration build in the opponents. Jahner's hustle is amazing. Last night Maffin was lights out. Langen is a force to be reckoned with and Ledger is so mucch fun to watch and is getting better each game. The whole team has really got it going and barring injuries...I expect great things this year and in years to follow!

This could be a very special season. I saw Kimborough play 5 or 6 times in high school. More times than not she used the board in high school. She is definitely an old pro when it comes to using the board. The bottom line is she has a terrific upside to her game. She has only touched the surface. The excitement is only going to build for the womens team.

teamsioux-In high school last year she wouldn't even use the board on her inside shots, who knows what she would have scored. She missed so many shots that would bounce of the other side of the rim

???

As a Gator fan for many years I'm not sure which Kierah Kimbrough you were watching but the one I watched used the board about 90% of the time-If she wasn't using the board it was probably due to the fact that there were 3 or 4 people hanging on her arms while she was trying to shoot.....I would have liked to address your full quote, however it seems to have dissappeared ???

Beyond this year, I have to believe that the state of UND WBB is excellent. With the local girls thriving for the team the fans should come. Kimbrough is as I had expected (check posts from last year) offensively, but where she could have issues is on the defensive end. Roebuck will have a quick trigger if she cannot defend properly. Bagaason needs to realize that she isn't the only weapon (as she was mostly last year for Fosston) and needs to look to pass before shoot to be affective. Langen seems to be down this year to me. She seems lethargic and not in NCC shape. Perhaps she put back on the weight she had lost? Jahner is a floor leader and cannot be compensated for on her hustle. Boese is Boese I'll leave that alone, there is a reason she was a preseson All-American. Maffin has impressed me a lot over the last year or so. I had mixed feelings about Roebuck recruiting her, but she has obviously put her time in the gym and deserves to be out there. Ledger is a Roebuck player if I have ever seen her. Shes a bruiser and isn't afraid of contact, which sometimes gets her in trouble, but in the end oh well. Guinn has been doing a lot of point work and I believe that could be her role after the departure of Mahlum. Mahlum right now is the "weakest link" her defense is fierce but the offense is not so much. I think the Sioux are in good shape for a long time.

Beyond this year, I have to believe that the state of UND WBB is excellent. With the local girls thriving for the team the fans should come. Kimbrough is as I had expected (check posts from last year) offensively, but where she could have issues is on the defensive end. Roebuck will have a quick trigger if she cannot defend properly. Bagaason needs to realize that she isn't the only weapon (as she was mostly last year for Fosston) and needs to look to pass before shoot to be affective. Langen seems to be down this year to me. She seems lethargic and not in NCC shape. Perhaps she put back on the weight she had lost? Jahner is a floor leader and cannot be compensated for on her hustle. Boese is Boese I'll leave that alone, there is a reason she was a preseson All-American. Maffin has impressed me a lot over the last year or so. I had mixed feelings about Roebuck recruiting her, but she has obviously put her time in the gym and deserves to be out there. Ledger is a Roebuck player if I have ever seen her. Shes a bruiser and isn't afraid of contact, which sometimes gets her in trouble, but in the end oh well. Guinn has been doing a lot of point work and I believe that could be her role after the departure of Mahlum. Mahlum right now is the "weakest link" her defense is fierce but the offense is not so much. I think the Sioux are in good shape for a long time.

Regarding Bagaason, what surprises me is that she's actually been playing some at the point. I had thought her role would be as a zone-buster (we all know UND will see a lot of zone this year) as she's a very good shooter.

Langen hasn't had the best of starts, but how much of that is due to other teams focusing their defense on stopping the inside game, I don't know. She's missed a lot more easy shots than she did last year, but she's still shooting a very high percentage from the free throw line so I have to think her field goal percentage will start going up soon.

Ledger definitely had her best game of the year yesterday. I can see her being a Kami Winger type player for the next four years. You don't find big, physically strong girls who can jump like she can very often.

At the point next year, I would look for Jossy Bergan to have a good chance of starting there. She's a true point guard--something none of the returnees next year will be.

I don't know where that other post from team sioux went. And I don't know what games that team sioux saw kimbrough play in high school. I saw quite a few over the years and she was always using the glass. She was automatic from 15 feet in. Some of the teams didn't have the size to match up against her in high school, but coaches that played against her used a chaser on her and zone defenses that smothered her where ever she went on the floor. Her coach in high school has coached a long time and KNOWS what he is doing. They used screens for her in high school, but often in wouldn't work because defenses would just pass kimbrough off to another defensive player in the zone. She will be fun to watch with the rest of the girls this year.

Do you mean Langen's point production is down or not as effective? Points are down because you have four people averaging double figures. That's a good thing I think! You have four people in double figures because of the zones they play against her. When you are being triple teamed in a zone you are less effective than the man defense they play when the other posts come in. It's really good the outside game has stepped up to the challenge. My guess is zones will be the defense of choice untill the NCC season starts.

83-63 final....northern only scores 25 in 2nd half....Roebuck chews ass at half time.....Kierah,Dani,Whitney keep them in 1st Half...off Bench......Amy player of Game7-9 overall 6-8 threes....good win!!! 9-0

Revenge tour continues Sat vs ConcordiaSt Paul.....

83-63 final....northern only scores 25 in 2nd half....Roebuck chews ass at half time.....Kierah,Dani,Whitney keep them in 1st Half...off Bench......Amy player of Game7-9 overall 6-8 threes....good win!!! 9-0

Revenge tour continues Sat vs ConcordiaSt Paul.....

Now that's what you call a team...every minute there's someone picking up the slack...from freshmen to senior...nice job ladies!!! Looking forward to Saturday!! ;)

This is the kind of game we've struggled with in recent years. Games against good but certainly not great teams on the road in the first half of the season have spelled trouble. Fortunately, with the tremendous depth and abundance of scoring threats UND has, I don't foresee any more losses to teams like Northern, Southwest, Omaha or Augie in the near future. If there's a better team in dII than the Sioux, I'd be very surprised.

That's exactly what the Northern Coach said after the game on their radio link. Let's hope there is no let off, and each night we can find the person that has the hot hand. It sounds like almost every team is going to be zoning and hoping that UND can't make the shots from the outside.

What will UND do about Concordia-St. Paul's number 3 (the guard who burned us last year going one-on-one)? She's the only big weapon that CSP returns. I would assume Jahner will start out on her, but Beck and Guinn will probably also take a turn, and there needs to be a lot of helping out.

I would guess we wil pack things in, it doesn't look as though they have any good shooters from 3 range, they are only shooting 25% for the year from 3. Plus the complimentary players to #3 aren't at this point what she had to go with her last year. The key will be stopping her though, she had 32 in their last game.