SiouxSports.com Forum

"I'm not hostile or abusive."

Let'sGoHawks!

I had some bumper stickers made which can be put on a car, back pack, on the back of a jersey, on a dorm door, window, etc.

NC$$ I AM NOT HOSTILE OR ABUSIVE NC$$.

There's a red circle acround the NC$$ with a slash diagonally across the NC$$.

You can see it on EBay> Item number: 6571836725

http://cgi.ebay.com/NCAA-is-Hostile-Abusiv...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm going to try to get these stickers displayed at all the schools on the list of shame! Don't know how, yet, but I'll figure it out. I'm going to mail one to everyone on the NCAA Executive Committee. Any suggestions as to who else should get one will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just sold a shirt to a Native American student, and I saw a Native American man wearing a Sioux jersey as I walked through the library. Why aren't these people getting a chance to speak? It seems like the only Native Americans we hear from are people that are meaner to those that support the name than we are, or have ever been to them. No wonder we're getting a bad reputation in the papers.

So I just sold a shirt to a Native American student, and I saw a Native American man wearing a Sioux jersey as I walked through the library.  Why aren't these people  getting a chance to speak?  It seems like the only Native Americans we hear from are people that are meaner to those that support the name than we are, or have ever been to them.  No wonder we're getting a bad reputation in the papers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't imagine what GK would think about this one?

;)

If you have a shirt this would be a great weekend to wear it. The hockey game is on national TV and that would be a great time to get our point across. Email me if you don't have a shirt yet and you want one, supportthesiouxlogo@hotmail.com.

We made national TV twice tonight! Hopefully the word will start getting out more and more as we go.

Here is another example...

Dayton, OH

"Students on campus have started a grass-roots response to the NCAA," said UND's first-year athletics director, Tom Buning. "They're wearing T-shirts that say 'I'm Not Hostile and Abusive.'

That is incorrect.

That's why I put the :sad: after it. ???

What I don't understand out of this whole NCAA fiasco is why the news media listens to and continues to quote people who are wrong.......shouldn't they have checked that statement before printing it as gospel?

The common sense wand passed over these people Hockeymom. :silly:

I work in a tourist store in Chicago and I saw a local gent wearing an Illini leather coat. I struck up a conversation with him about the nickname thing and he said the same things we're saying here...D1 schools with pull are getting more favor from the NC$$ than D2 and he didn't think Illinois's appeal would be denied.

And great job to the students who made the t-shirts and the folks wearing them. I saw them when I home at a football game...great message!!

I'm calling again for people to add positive messages to our Web site guestbook. Someone felt the need to point out the comparison to the Civil War (slavery) again today, which I happen to think is completely ridiculous, hopefully there are others out there that agree we here at UND are absolutely nothing like the slave holders and racists of the South during the Civil War. I am so sick of that comparison, there is nothing that could be further from reality.

www.geocities.com/siouxlogo/UNDsioux.html

I'm calling again for people to add positive messages to our Web site guestbook. Someone felt the need to point out the comparison to the Civil War (slavery) again today, which I happen to think is completely ridiculous, hopefully there are others out there that agree we here at UND are absolutely nothing like the slave holders and racists of the South during the Civil War. I am so sick of that comparison, there is nothing that could be further from reality.

www.geocities.com/siouxlogo/UNDsioux.html

Don't know what the problem is but I keep getting an error message when trying to log on to your web site.

Don't know what the problem is but I keep getting an error message when trying to log on to your web site.

did you do UND in capital letters? I'm not sure why that makes a difference but it does. Hopefully that works for you, just type it in exactly like this: www.geocities.com/siouxlogo/UNDsioux.html let me know though if that doesn't work, I'll check into it.

• 6 months later...

did you do UND in capital letters? I'm not sure why that makes a difference but it does. Hopefully that works for you, just type it in exactly like this: www.geocities.com/siouxlogo/UNDsioux.html let me know though if that doesn't work, I'll check into it.

typed it exactly like that...capital UND...didnt work for me. I realize it's been awhile since these were posted, maybe it's a site no longer available.