SiouxSports.com Forum

"I'm not hostile or abusive."

Let'sGoHawks!

I understand why you can't have the UND logo on the shirts, that makes sense.  How can they regulate the colors though?  I don't see how they can tell you that you can't make your shirts green and black or pink and white or black and pink.  They have no control over colors, do they?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know the reasoning, I just know that is what I have been told multiple times in the past. We like the black though, because it really stands out in the crowd of green. We didn't want the shirts to blend in with the Sioux Crew shirts because we wanted them to make their own statement. Trust me, the guys know what the shirts mean, I've been dating a football player for over a year. I actually had three of them come over to buy shirts last weekend and they said they thought one of the coolest moments was during the game when a guy in the crowd held up his shirt and everyone started cheering (I won't name the players since they probably should have been paying attention to the game and not the tv, we were already ahead by quite a bit though). Anyway, I don't understand how they can control the colors, but I know that's what we've been told. We're happy with what we've got though, and a lot of people have been really proud to wear them the way they are, so we think we're happy with the job we've done.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thank you, I think they are quite nice and effective myself :love:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did Dave Hakstol ever get one of your shirts?

Thanks for taking the initiative and getting these shirts made. I think it's a cool idea. thumbup_wink.gif

Are there any hockey games that will be on national televison... or on something more than just in Grand Forks/North Dakota area? Because if there are... we should definatly get a HUGE group of students that have the shirts to sit together. The cameras can't ignore a large group of people dressed alike... it'd be great!

Are there any hockey games that will be on national televison... or on something more than just in Grand Forks/North Dakota area?  Because if there are... we should definatly get a HUGE group of students that have the shirts to sit together.  The cameras can't ignore a large group of people dressed alike... it'd be great!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was definitely our initial thought. I know that some of the games are on FSN, I'm guessing the most widely viewed games would be against Minnesota, but that wouldn't be until December 9/10. We were thinking though that if enough people have the shirts there is a good chance we will make news anyway. I know WDAZ isn't a big deal at all, but if they covered us twice before the shirts were even out I'm sure we'd get plenty of coverage if we got a lot of people to wear them, and hopefully at that point it would go beyond just WDAZ and WDAY.

On another note, we've had people from California, Arizona, Colorado, Vermont and New York order shirts already. We're getting the word out, keep on telling your friends!

supportthesiouxlogo@hotmail.com

www.geocities.com/siouxlogo/UNDsioux.html

Just a thought I had.  Perhaps they could make some sort of armbands for people to wear as well.  It would be nice for other fans who cheer on other teams, but want to show some support for UND on this issue.  Get like some hankies or something in Green, shouldn't be that hard to have something printed on them.  Might be something to look into.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

too bad the timeline is so short for the Sagnasty game! Imagine a sea of Laker Blue with Kelly Green highlights!! :love: SWEET!! Maybe later this season :angry:

Absolutely, dozens in Minnesota and quite a few in Wisconsin.  Apparently South Dakota is lacking at this point, anyone want to step up? :love:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My mom and dad live in South Dakota and are loyal Sioux fans. I'll try to get them to buy a couple.

We have run out of a lot of sizes, but WE WILL ORDER MORE if people let us know they want them. Please email us at supportthesiouxlogo@hotmail.com if you want a shirt, we want to get as many out there as possible, thanks for the support everyone!

I would love to send a dozen of these to the NC$$ headquarters in Indianapolis. Along with the t-shirts we could include reading material on the American Indian programs at UND and a nice little note that reads:

Just a little present to show our appreciation for all the great things you have done for your member institutions!

I think that's a great idea, it's one of the things that we talked about doing once we made out money back, if there was any profit, or if we have shirts left over.  Do you think they'd be offended if we had to send them all 3XL's  :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just might fit over their heads!!

Okay every one, someone decided to post in our guestbook on our Web site saying how horribly hostile and abusive the sioux name is, and their proof was the fact that we created these shirts and the site. I know there are plenty of people out there that think the name is great, we want to get your reactions and have them on our site. Please sign the guest book and show how many supportive, respectful sioux fans there are out there. Thanks!

Okay every one, someone decided to post in our guestbook on our Web site saying how horribly hostile and abusive the sioux name is, and their proof was the fact that we created these shirts and the site.  I know there are plenty of people out there that think the name is great, we want to get your reactions and have them on our site.  Please sign the guest book and show how many supportive, respectful sioux fans there are out there.  Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone banned from SiouxSports earlier in the week was probably bored...... :silly:

You guys are doing a great job, Emily. Keep it up, don't let the hatred and anger of a few people change your attitude.

The Fighting Sioux nickname is not hostile and abusive, and either is our University or our state!

Someone banned from SiouxSports earlier in the week was probably bored...... :silly:

You guys are doing a great job, Emily. Keep it up, don't let the hatred and anger of a few people change your attitude.

The Fighting Sioux nickname is not hostile and abusive, and either is our University or our state!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't you worry, our attitude is better than ever. This just makes me want to sell more shirts and get the word out. Keep on letting people know, we want the stands to be packed with them at the football game next week.