SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU Snakes

azlivin

There is a rumor going around that the Livestock University to the south has hit an all time low. I have heard form a very reliable source close to the family that NDSU has lost there point guard of the future so they sunk to a new low and contacted UND's top point guard recruit, Jossy Bergan, and offered her a full ride because they are without a point guard, even though she has already verbally committed to Coach Roebuck. That is a filthy move, but then again they employed Rocky Hager as a coach for the better part of 10 yrs. UNBELIEVABLE!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, don't ignore this one. This is true. I woke up this morning to some messages confirming this move. NDSU HAS TRIED TO STEAL JOSSY FROM UND! I hope that they are called out on this in the papers. This is something that needs to stop. She committed to UND, you leave her alone. I don't care if your star recruit leaves campus because she's homesick. Rediculous.

But it's definitely not very ethical. I don't recall ever hearing about a situation like this before involving either UND or NDSU, even though clearly each school has had many verbal commitments that the other program would have loved to have had.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amy? Unprofessional? Unethical? Unthinkable!! :):huh:

NDSU women

Looks like the Sioux have been cleaning up on most of the local talent lately. I can see why Amy doesn't want to play the Sioux. The Sioux are going to be loaded for a while . But getting back to the topic at hand, Amy shows "real class" on this recruiting "no-no".

Is anyone really surprised? It's one thing when both are DII, but now with the "prestige" its a new ball game. Amy's head will roll much quicker if she doesn't get the best players. Who wants to lose recruits to a DII school?

Hopefully it does make the papers. Should be a good bruise for NDSU's DI ego when Bergan stays with UND. :huh:

Is anyone really surprised?  It's one thing when both are DII, but now with the "prestige" its a new ball game.  Amy's head will roll much quicker if she doesn't get the best players.  Who wants to lose recruits to a DII school? 

Hopefully it does make the papers.  Should be a good bruise for NDSU's DI ego when Bergan stays with UND.  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Considering what has been allowed at the AC over the years, there is no danger whatsoever that Ruley would be even reprimanded for this move. It is what the AC does and how they have operated for years.

By the way, I will bet a case of your favorite beverage she will not change her mind. She likes UND and she will be playing on a better team here than at the AC. Her favorite uncle and aunt live in GF.

One of our local kids who probably won't end up at UND but was recruited by Roebuck, the AC (Ruley) and others didn't care much about her visit to the farm. One of our Juniors who is a 6'1" very athletic forward is very interested in UND and also doesn't care for Ruley and the AC.

Having said all of that, she is a hell of a coach.

I notice that the several Bison fans who frequent this site have not commented on this.  It must be a fluke that they haven't seen it yet - or could it be that they are embarrassed by this unethical behavior by one of their own???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Possibly because at this point it's nothing more than a she-said/she-said rumor. :huh:

Even IF there's any substance to this rumor, the truth may never surface. Maybe Ruley called and offered Bergan before Ruley knew she had verballed. :)

I am sure Amy had no idea.  Even though she used the if you want to play D1 in the phone call, and the committment has been all over the papers.  Plead ignorance bisonguy.  Entzion didn't know what happened in the park either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If a university compliance officer and head coach can oversee a prospective student-athlete playing professional basketball less than 75 miles away, I'm sure a coach could overlook that somebody gave a verbal.

Anybody have a recording of the phone call? Without any evidence, it's currently nothing more than hearsay.

If a university compliance officer and head coach can oversee a prospective student-athlete playing professional basketball less than 75 miles away, I'm sure a coach could overlook that somebody gave a verbal.

Anybody have a recording of the phone call? Without any evidence, it's currently nothing more than hearsay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O.k. lets say she didn't know and now does. Will she pull her offer? What would your response be if she didn't?

O.k. lets say she didn't know and now does. Will she pull her offer? What would your response be if she didn't?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[speculation based on a rumor]If Ruley did not know, offered, and then did not retract her offer (or at least let it be known that the offer was no longer on the table), I would be upset at yet another chapter in the pissing match known as the rivalry of NDSU/UND(or UND/NDSU depending on where you live). [/speculation based on a rumor]

[speculation based on a rumor]If Ruley did not know, offered, and then did not retract her offer (or at least let it be known that the offer was no longer on the table), I would be upset at yet another chapter in the pissing match known as the rivalry of NDSU/UND(or UND/NDSU depending on where you live). [/speculation based on a rumor]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is no rumor. This is fact. I've never been more sure about anything before.

There was a story in the Fargo Forum that morning. There was a story in the Herald prior to that. I'm guessing that Amy probably knew.

Pretty disturbing

I have to think this story will come out before too long in either the Herald or Forum. I suspect Ruley will simply offer up a "no comment" rather than having the audacity to plead ignorance regarding Jossy's commitment to UND. I don't believe for a minute that either Roebuck or Ruley isn't aware of a ND kid verballing to the other program within a few days of it happening. And this verbal happened a few months ago, even though it only recently found its way into the papers. Heck, all Amy had to do was ask Jossy's brother Chad about her situation before calling her. He's on the track team at NDSU. :huh: