SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Did any one watch the freshmen and soph from Apple Valley play in town last weekend? They are as talented as you will see anywhere in the country!

Apple Valley will sure be fun to watch next year as they may have the best 94 and 95 born players in the country! Sounds like both kids are fans of the maroon and gold. Hopefully they can see whats going on down there!

Apple Valley will sure be fun to watch next year as they may have the best 94 and 95 born players in the country! Sounds like both kids are fans of the maroon and gold. Hopefully they can see whats going on down there!

Let the goophers have them then. We will find our own mix of players that seem to negate any advantage UMN might have over these types of players. Just ask the goophers how well Jordan Schroeder worked out for them.

This site relies on user submitted information regarding prospects, and that means it could be unreliable, but this confirms what you all of you probably already knew about Rau...

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/11742...ion-i-prospects

Kyle Rau Eden Prairie 5'7" 150 Jr. F Colorado College, Denver, Minnesota, North Dakota, St. Cloud State

what type of player is tufte? nice list to have out there!

Tufte looks to have pretty good size. I can't say I remember him much from the ONE GAME I saw Blaine play on TV during the state tourney. But no one on his team was noticeable in that game either. I would guess since he's a senior that it's kind of a wait and see how he does in juniors kind of deal now.

Fargo Force goalie Ryan Massa scored a goal in tonight's playoff game. This kid has been on fire in the nets down the stretch this season. What are his college prospects as a 20 yo? I had thought I heard something about major juniors with him, but can't find anything validating that.

I am pretty sure that the ship had sailed by now on getting Ebert to come here, but seeing that he went 17th in the OHL draft it would seem that he won't be playing college hockey. Has anyone heard anything regarding him and any chance of playing college hockey lately?

I am pretty sure that the ship had sailed by now on getting Ebert to come here, but seeing that he went 17th in the OHL draft it would seem that he won't be playing college hockey. Has anyone heard anything regarding him and any chance of playing college hockey lately?

Take it for what its worth, but...

Having read Chris Dilks' WCHBlog, the chances of Ebert going the NCAA route seemed to be slim even before the draft.

Hopes are definately fading, especially reading that he has the same advisor as John Moore: http://news.therecord.com/Sports/article/704772

This article was before the draft and is in the view of the Kitchener Rangers who missed Ebert by one pick.

This is not really an update, but when searching for a video of the Force goalie's scoring on youtube today. I stumbled across the Fargo Force's channel and they had a player spotlight of Dayn Belfour. I thought you guys might find it as funny as I did.

Definitely Eddie's Kid

In an interview he did on the Dan Hammer show, Dayn said he and his dad are often mistaken for Brothers.

In an interview he did on the Dan Hammer show, Dayn said he and his dad are often mistaken for Brothers.

haha! The hair and the looks are probably the second thing that I noticed. The personality is what I noticed the most. Anyone remember how old Dayn is? I thought he was around 20 or so.

Hopes are definately fading, especially reading that he has the same advisor as John Moore: http://news.therecord.com/Sports/article/704772

This article was before the draft and is in the view of the Kitchener Rangers who missed Ebert by one pick.

Hotlist also states that Ebert is maybe thinking about college:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/3340...ptain-Colt.html

Hotlist also states that Ebert is maybe thinking about college:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/3340...ptain-Colt.html

it does make you wonder when he was said to be the #1 pick. thats big time if so. he is in the ushl, we have seen articles in the past mentioning north dakota or major juniors if i remember right. seems he will go the mj route from a few articles lately but who knows. ill agree with a few here and say he is a mj guy but would look great in green and white :D

Any recent word on the Rau brothers?

Wouldn't mind seeing them, Grimaldi, and Ebert all in the green&white.

Is that too selfish? :lol:

I haven't heard anything down here. On GPL it was said the Kyle Rau visited the U a few weeks ago and it is between Gophers and one other school. Pretty sure I know what that other school is ;) I did see Chad Rau today -- perhaps I should have asked! :D

And no, it's not selfish! I consider recruiting battles like hockey games, and I'm competitive and I like WINNING. :D