SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Once he makes up his mind, it'll be his 3rd college "commitment".  That's a special accomplishment.
Maine -- Harvard -- BC/Mich

#cantmakeuphismind

Watch him sign with the team that drafts him right away.

22 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Ya.  He will get to play a ton.  But this kid is going to go in the top 4 rounds of the draft.  I wish Bubs would make room for him.

We made room for JBD,  and would have been pretty good at that position without him coming in a year early, so I agree it wouldn't hurt to have another player comparable to Hain that would give us better odds of having one of them making an impact  for us in an area we had problems with last year.  I will be watching Weiss closely next year if he plays college.  It seems odd that teams like Michigan that have an overabundance of recruits can make room for guys and we can't.  I always thought since we didn't over recruit we would be able to maneuver our classes a bit to make room for the late bloomer or transfer.  Having the last year junior players that are depth and character guys seems like they should be late recruits, not ones we have had in the pipeline for years, unless they were projected for more than what they ended up being.  Like I said, be interested to see where some of these guys end up and how they pan out. 

8 hours ago, tnt said:

We made room for JBD,  and would have been pretty good at that position without him coming in a year early, so I agree it wouldn't hurt to have another player comparable to Hain that would give us better odds of having one of them making an impact  for us in an area we had problems with last year.  I will be watching Weiss closely next year if he plays college.  It seems odd that teams like Michigan that have an overabundance of recruits can make room for guys and we can't.  I always thought since we didn't over recruit we would be able to maneuver our classes a bit to make room for the late bloomer or transfer.  Having the last year junior players that are depth and character guys seems like they should be late recruits, not ones we have had in the pipeline for years, unless they were projected for more than what they ended up being.  Like I said, be interested to see where some of these guys end up and how they pan out. 

I’ll be following Weiss as well. He had comparable numbers to Hain durinf the year...but Weiss looked much better in the u18 tourney.

18 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I’ll be following Weiss as well. He had comparable numbers to Hain durinf the year...but Weiss looked much better in the u18 tourney.

I thought Hain played decently in the brief time I saw him play. I might have some photos of him as well. 

I’ll have to look. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4447372-schlossman-und-likely-will-announce-rookies-soon

NTDP U18 forward Tyler Weiss also won’t be going to Boston University. All indications are that he’ll soon commit to Omaha, which makes a lot of sense. The Mavs just lost some recruits and have scholarship money and roster spots open.

Another uncommitted player who is starting to get some buzz up in Alberta — and one who has a familiar name — is Luke Bast, the younger brother of UND defenseman Gabe Bast. Like his brother, Luke is an undersized offensive defenseman. He led the Brooks Bandits in scoring during the playoffs, despite being the youngest player on the team.

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Good information - with Frisch playing his senior year at Moorhead, I would bet he'll play a year of juniors after next year. UND wouldn't currently have any D-man recruits lined up for next year. Luke Bast would be a nice fit in that spot.

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits