SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

oh, I guess I didn't put them in the recruit category...    I was thinking  Seth Jones, Austin Matthews, JT Miller... 

I hope the are looking at Layne Young, his EP page show University of Saskatchewan.. seems to know how to put the puck in the net.

Gong there for school, for the agriculture program.  

oh, I guess I didn't put them in the recruit category...    I was thinking  Seth Jones, Austin Matthews, JT Miller... 

I hope the are looking at Layne Young, his EP page show University of Saskatchewan.. seems to know how to put the puck in the net.

Why those three?

Seth jones/Austin Matthews?

4 hours ago, tnt said:

... and we are spoiled by our coaches having a nice mix, but if you lose 8 recruits in 2 years you have to expect the mix to be a little off.  

I was responding to this post, turns out the poster counts players that actually attend and play as recruits lost.  I thought he was commenting on players that had shown interest or even committed to the program.

12 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

sorry Stony, didn't mean to be a jerk.  Has a first rounder ever played 4 years? anywhere?

Mark Jankowski(Providence) is only other one I can think of recently besides UND’s Joe Finley.

Edit: Gopher busts Patrick White and David Fischer as well.

34 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Looking at the prospective u17 team...tons of Duluth commits.  Sandy is doing a great job.

Are we missing out or getting beaten out for some of these?  It's so hard to tell what our strategy is or who we are competitively going after (not a criticism).  I just hope Berry isn't changing our focus to rely more on grinders or over-emphasizing "team culture" - we saw how that worked out.  Let's sign some talent.

37 minutes ago, Irish said:

Are we missing out or getting beaten out for some of these?  It's so hard to tell what our strategy is or who we are competitively going after (not a criticism).  I just hope Berry isn't changing our focus to rely more on grinders or over-emphasizing "team culture" - we saw how that worked out.  Let's sign some talent.

No idea. Per schloss, kleven a lock to make the team.  Kunz a long shot...which is shocking given what I saw of him.

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

No idea. Per schloss, kleven a lock to make the team.  Kunz a long shot...which is shocking given what I saw of him.

I would be a little surprised by that but you never know? The games they play there are a lot of 1 on 1 hockey as they don't have any systems out in and that helps the smaller, quicker forwards stand out a little. 

• Upvote 1

Just to put some perspective on this, there was someone that projected another Arizona State player, Riley Simpson,  as a big loss for UND.  His sophomore season he didn't have a point, but of course you can bet that whoever considered him a big loss would have been ripping on the coaches had he put up big numbers.  Remember all the people thinking UND should sign a bunch of players off the EGF championship hockey team?  Probably one of the players who wasn't mentioned much was Colton Poolman, a very nice addition.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, tnt said:

Just to put some perspective on this, there was someone that projected another Arizona State player, Riley Simpson,  as a big loss for UND.  His sophomore season he didn't have a point, but of course you can bet that whoever considered him a big loss would have been ripping on the coaches had he put up big numbers.  Remember all the people thinking UND should sign a bunch of players off the EGF championship hockey team?  Probably one of the players who wasn't mentioned much was Colton Poolman, a very nice edition.  

Exactly, it's pretty easy to say someone was a big miss knowing that you won't be called on it a year or two after the fact when they don't pan out. Good example with Riley Simpson. Once said player starts lighting it up we can consider him a miss, until then it's pure guessing based on development and how he would've(or wouldn't have) fit into our program.

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits