SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I remember reading a couple months ago, that it was pretty much a given that Gersich leaves early, but I'm still holding out hope, that the longer we don't see another 2018 recruit, he may change his mind.

Right now, UND has 4 for sure forward coming in, taking 4 spots (3 Seniors & Gornall). The incoming forwards being Weatherby, Keane, Senden, Hain. The only two that would be eligible in Costello / Randklev definitely need a year of juniors.

Here's to hoping that we don't see another '18 forward commit!

Agreed Costello definitely could use 1-2 years more and it would be nice if Randklev could play a full year.  

As far as gersich goes, he’s a nice play but I don’t think he’s ready for pro hockey.  He could probably fill a bottom 6 role on an AHL team however I’m not sure why a guy would leave early for that.  Stay another year and continue to develop. His soph numbers were solid however I think everyone knows that Boeser and jost played a huge part in that.  His numbers dwindled as the season wore on.  This year I think we’re seeing the real player...20 in 28 isn’t really lighting the world on fire.  He’s definitely heated up a bit though recently, 10 in 10.  Either way, players shouldn’t leave early with those numbers unless they’ve already graduated I guess.  

23 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Agreed Costello definitely could use 1-2 years more and it would be nice if Randklev could play a full year.  

As far as gersich goes, he’s a nice play but I don’t think he’s ready for pro hockey.  He could probably fill a bottom 6 role on an AHL team however I’m not sure why a guy would leave early for that.  Stay another year and continue to develop. His soph numbers were solid however I think everyone knows that Boeser and jost played a huge part in that.  His numbers dwindled as the season wore on.  This year I think we’re seeing the real player...20 in 28 isn’t really lighting the world on fire.  He’s definitely heated up a bit though recently, 10 in 10.  Either way, players shouldn’t leave early with those numbers unless they’ve already graduated I guess.  

I've always said, if UND only lost players early to pro contracts, that actually played in the NHL, they would be in great shape every year. Last year, no complaints, lose Boeser, Jost, Poolman, all are collecting NHL paychecks. Losing a guy early like Gerisch (previous year Thompson / Johnson) who in all reality have no shot of playing the NHL that year, really hurts.

Still have my fingers crossed they'll only lose Wolanin early. Gerisch returning would be such a big deal.

On 1/31/2018 at 2:39 PM, AJS said:

I've always said, if UND only lost players early to pro contracts, that actually played in the NHL, they would be in great shape every year. Last year, no complaints, lose Boeser, Jost, Poolman, all are collecting NHL paychecks. Losing a guy early like Gerisch (previous year Thompson / Johnson) who in all reality have no shot of playing the NHL that year, really hurts.

Still have my fingers crossed they'll only lose Wolanin early. Gerisch returning would be such a big deal.

Johnson and Thompson both graduated early so you can't really blame them. Also, Thompson should still have a small chance for the nhl because he's so young. He's still younger than wolanin, and is the same age as C poolman who is just a sophomore in college. He may have already peaked...but if not, he still has his younger age on his side. People often forget how young he was when he came to UND. I think his biggest mistake was not staying away from college for one more season. His x-classmate ladue is over 3 years older than him and Tucker poolman (one class after him) is over 2 years older than him. 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I wonder what the story with Garret Worth is.  Duluth kid and is uncommitted I believe.  I know you have to be real careful with MN high school kids butbhes scoring in piles.

He is definitely a scorer but I think he will have to play juniors before someone offers him. He is small and benefits greatly from playing on a line with Donovan and Mageau as he gets quite a few can't miss setups.

8 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

He is definitely a scorer but I think he will have to play juniors before someone offers him. He is small and benefits greatly from playing on a line with Donovan and Mageau as he gets quite a few can't miss setups.

I get that but he has 7 more points in the same amount of games as Donavan and his goal total alone almost equals mageau’s pt total.  I get this whole “his line carries” him shtick but every time I look at their box scores his name shows up the lost.  He must be tiny.  Has St. Cloud or Duluth written all over him.  Maybe northern Michigan 

18 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I get that but he has 7 more points in the same amount of games as Donavan and his goal total alone almost equals mageau’s pt total.  I get this whole “his line carries” him shtick but every time I look at their box scores his name shows up the lost.  He must be tiny.  Has St. Cloud or Duluth written all over him.  Maybe northern Michigan 

That is just what I've heard I haven't got a chance to see him this year at all. Seems a little weird to me too but who knows. Duluth East is real good this year and should get back to the state tournament although 7AA gets pretty crazy sometimes. Hopefully they make it and I'll get a chance to see him play there. 

Randklev with another huge night for the Moorhead Spuds, making Bemidji kids look silly.   He is behind in size but he is skilled and smart.  His future development will be interesting.

should come down to Moorhead and Brainerd for Section 8AA trip to state. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, cberkas said:

Cole Sillinger, Carson Cox, or Dean Spak

Might be two of them.

Cole Sillinger is the son of former NHL player Mike Sillinger.  His dad played 17 seasons in the NHL for 12 different teams and was traded 9 times (both are NHL records for teams played for and times traded).  Cole and his bantam team played Rink Academy in Winnipeg twice over the weekend, losing 5-0 and 5-1.  That's the same Rink Academy team that the Grand Forks Aviators had a 5-2 lead on and eventually tied 5-5 at the Ralph.

36 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

Cole Sillinger is the son of former NHL player Mike Sillinger.  His dad played 17 seasons in the NHL for 12 different teams and was traded 9 times (both are NHL records for teams played for and times traded).  Cole and his bantam team played Rink Academy in Winnipeg twice over the weekend, losing 5-0 and 5-1.  That's the same Rink Academy team that the Grand Forks Aviators had a 5-2 lead on and eventually tied 5-5 at the Ralph.

His oldest brother Owen is committed to Bemidji and his other brother Luke is uncommitted.

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Anyone know why BWC academy was in GF this past weekend?

As I mentioned above, they played Rink Academy twice in Winnipeg (Friday & Sunday I believe) and must have came down between games.  Don’t know if the plan was to attend the UND game all along or if they all decided to come with Sillinger for his visit.  They should have contacted Aviators for a game while they were here.

• 2 weeks later...