SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:49 AM, ksixpack said:

Speaking of WHL Top Prospects, the #1, #10, and #13 top skaters for this years WHL draft will be in the Ralph tomorrow at 12:30.  In addition, so will be the #1 goaltending prospect for the WHL draft.  The Rink Academy (Rink Prep) will be in town playing the Grand Forks Aviators.  Carson Lambos is a D that is rated #1.  I am sure you will see both coaching staffs from UND and Denver at this game.  Here is the projected draft ranking for WHL: http://www.dubnetwork.ca/draftgeek/whl-bantam-rankings/

By the way the Grand Forks Aviators are no slouch either as they are currently ranked #2 in MN Bantam AA and have a lot of prospects themselves: http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/page/show/2949799-now-rankings-mn

Should be a great hockey game.  12:30 Saturday main rink at the Ralph...free admission...enter through the Olympic rink.

The #4 prospect follows the UND coaching staff.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Looks like GF had a 5-3 lead heading into the 3rd but couldn't hold on.

Grand Forks Aviators‏ @Grandforksavs 1h1 hour ago

Aviators end in a 5-5 tie with @RHAnationals
Helgeson 2G 3A
Co. Spicer 2G 2A
Br. Panzer 1G 3A
Riskey 1A

DUk47HdVAAA-_SN.jpg

That's still solid, kudos to the aviators. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2017 at 5:53 AM, UND99 said:

Another rising 1st year bantam teams will be after in the coming years: Nick Pierre (2004, Cottage Grove/Hill-Murray).

As an update to this post, age-wise Nick Pierre is an 8th grade first year bantam. Hill-Murray recently brought him up to their varsity team (he had been playing JV), and he's responded by scoring two goals in each of his first two varsity games (vs Maple Grove and Grand Rapids).

And just let this sink in for a moment: he's a 2004 who has gone from playing pee wee a year ago to playing high-level varsity this season, skipping right over bantams while not missing a beat. Incredibly impressive! For the FM area folks, Hill-Murray visits Moorhead at the end of the season.

19 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Looks like GF had a 5-3 lead heading into the 3rd but couldn't hold on.

Grand Forks Aviators‏ @Grandforksavs 1h1 hour ago

Aviators end in a 5-5 tie with @RHAnationals
Helgeson 2G 3A
Co. Spicer 2G 2A
Br. Panzer 1G 3A
Riskey 1A

DUk47HdVAAA-_SN.jpg

Seeing the names Panzer and Spicer brings back some old Ralph GFC state hockey memories.  I'm guessing the Panzer kid ends up at UND if he put up four points against that group.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UND99 said:

As an update to this post, age-wise Nick Pierre is an 8th grade first year bantam. Hill-Murray recently brought him up to their varsity team (he had been playing JV), and he's responded by scoring two goals in each of his first two varsity games (vs Maple Grove and Grand Rapids).

And just let this sink in for a moment: he's a 2004 who has gone from playing pee wee a year ago to playing high-level varsity this season, skipping right over bantams while not missing a beat. Incredibly impressive! For the FM area folks, Hill-Murray visits Moorhead at the end of the season.

Nick Pierre played on Cottage Grove Bantam team last year. Great player though and certainly D1 caliber talent!

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Seeing the names Panzer and Spicer brings back some old Ralph GFC state hockey memories.  I'm guessing the Panzer kid ends up at UND if he put up four points against that group.

He completely benefits from playing on a line with Helgeson and Spicer. Those two carry that team.

1 hour ago, franchise said:

Someone told me that Charlie Combs switched from UND to BSU at the last minute. I didn't wanna call him a liar, but anyone know if UND was even after him?

Definitely possible.  Overager that put up huge point totals in the BCHL.  His line mate also went to BSU. It could have came down to scholarship $

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Haha.  Players also have to think about playing time.  There is a risk to choosing UND over BSU. Most years, und has a bunch of talent.

Owen Sillinger is one I think of now, he might have came to UND and is doing very well in the BCHL. At the time he committed to Bemidji, UND probably didn’t have the room for him to come in next year. Right now it looks like he probably could have came to UND next year.

I remember reading a couple months ago, that it was pretty much a given that Gersich leaves early, but I'm still holding out hope, that the longer we don't see another 2018 recruit, he may change his mind.

Right now, UND has 4 for sure forward coming in, taking 4 spots (3 Seniors & Gornall). The incoming forwards being Weatherby, Keane, Senden, Hain. The only two that would be eligible in Costello / Randklev definitely need a year of juniors.

Here's to hoping that we don't see another '18 forward commit!

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits