SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

10 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Huh?, i guess I thought they needed finishers...   refresh my memory on why is overage a problem

Not a problem, just more of a personal preference. Would rather not see UND be a school where a majority of their freshman are 20 years old. It's necessary for sure sometimes and it works out well, I don't think there is as high of a ceiling. Also, in this specific example, the SJHL isn't great. For next year, I'm happy they landed Weatherby, who plays in a better league and can put the puck in the net.

If they are looking for another person for next year, I hope it'd be Cruickshank.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, tnt said:

It looks like Cruikshank might be done for the season with Penticton due to injury. 

Does anyone know if we have an offer out to Cruikshank? Or is that just the assumption? I'd thought he would have made a decision by now.

On 12/13/2017 at 10:06 AM, AJS said:

I would hope not, the guy can score, but UND doesn't need anymore overagers recruited for next year.

Haha this kid has put up a ton of points but judging by the fact he’s doing it in a bad league, he’s really old, and he’s currently committed to a CIS school...I’m guessing a top end school like UND will not be offering him anytime soon.  Never know though.

GF Aviators (Bantam AA) have a big weekend in town.  Edina AA comes to town for a 3 game series - Friday 8:15 PM; Saturday 10:15 AM; Sunday 11:30 AM.  All games at GF Icon Arena.  They also play Prior Lake AA Sat 4:00 at the Icon.  Don't remember Edina ever making the trip to GF for either bantam or high school.   Edina has a Gopher commit (Nick Williams) on the team.  GF Aviators are currently ranked 3rd in all of MN Bantam AA, where they play the bulk of their schedule.  Edina is #6.  This is the best of the best for Bantam hockey and they play a very entertaining style of hockey.  The Aviators are flying high the past two weekends...they won the Edina invitational tournament two weeks ago and finished 2nd in Roseau last weekend.  They almost pulled off the hat trick of beating the top 3 ranked teams in MN AA in less then 24 hours in Roseau...but eventually fell to Osseo/Maple Grove 3-2 on a late goal in the Championship game.  That Osseo/Maple Grove team beat Shattucks Bantam team and already has 3 D-1 commits on their team (2 Mich Teck and 1 Notre Dame).  

1 hour ago, ksixpack said:

GF Aviators (Bantam AA) have a big weekend in town.  Edina AA comes to town for a 3 game series - Friday 8:15 PM; Saturday 10:15 AM; Sunday 11:30 AM.  All games at GF Icon Arena.  They also play Prior Lake AA Sat 4:00 at the Icon.  Don't remember Edina ever making the trip to GF for either bantam or high school.   Edina has a Gopher commit (Nick Williams) on the team.  GF Aviators are currently ranked 3rd in all of MN Bantam AA, where they play the bulk of their schedule.  Edina is #6.  This is the best of the best for Bantam hockey and they play a very entertaining style of hockey.  The Aviators are flying high the past two weekends...they won the Edina invitational tournament two weeks ago and finished 2nd in Roseau last weekend.  They almost pulled off the hat trick of beating the top 3 ranked teams in MN AA in less then 24 hours in Roseau...but eventually fell to Osseo/Maple Grove 3-2 on a late goal in the Championship game.  That Osseo/Maple Grove team beat Shattucks Bantam team and already has 3 D-1 commits on their team (2 Mich Teck and 1 Notre Dame).  

Maple Grove has Faber (Notre Dame) & Kukkonen (Mich Tech). Who is other Tech committ? Kukkonen older brother, 11th grader is Tech also. 

Obviously, not a very realistic prospect, but thought this article was interesting, especially under the "Weighing Options" section where it says his brother is going to Denver.  Don't have an opponent recruiting thread that I saw, so he is technically still a prospective recruit, albeit very small chance.  

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/teen-phenom-matthew-savoie-sidney-crosby-1.4500318

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:17 AM, tnt said:

Obviously, not a very realistic prospect, but thought this article was interesting, especially under the "Weighing Options" section where it says his brother is going to Denver.  Don't have an opponent recruiting thread that I saw, so he is technically still a prospective recruit, albeit very small chance.  

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/teen-phenom-matthew-savoie-sidney-crosby-1.4500318

Speaking of WHL Top Prospects, the #1, #10, and #13 top skaters for this years WHL draft will be in the Ralph tomorrow at 12:30.  In addition, so will be the #1 goaltending prospect for the WHL draft.  The Rink Academy (Rink Prep) will be in town playing the Grand Forks Aviators.  Carson Lambos is a D that is rated #1.  I am sure you will see both coaching staffs from UND and Denver at this game.  Here is the projected draft ranking for WHL: http://www.dubnetwork.ca/draftgeek/whl-bantam-rankings/

By the way the Grand Forks Aviators are no slouch either as they are currently ranked #2 in MN Bantam AA and have a lot of prospects themselves: http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/page/show/2949799-now-rankings-mn

Should be a great hockey game.  12:30 Saturday main rink at the Ralph...free admission...enter through the Olympic rink.

2 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

Speaking of WHL Top Prospects, the #1, #10, and #13 top skaters for this years WHL draft will be in the Ralph tomorrow at 12:30.  In addition, so will be the #1 goaltending prospect for the WHL draft.  The Rink Academy (Rink Prep) will be in town playing the Grand Forks Aviators.  Carson Lambos is a D that is rated #1.  I am sure you will see both coaching staffs from UND and Denver at this game.  Here is the projected draft ranking for WHL: http://www.dubnetwork.ca/draftgeek/whl-bantam-rankings/

By the way the Grand Forks Aviators are no slouch either as they are currently ranked #2 in MN Bantam AA and have a lot of prospects themselves: http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/page/show/2949799-now-rankings-mn

Should be a great hockey game.  12:30 Saturday main rink at the Ralph...free admission...enter through the Olympic rink.

Interesting! Does GF have a Jackson Kunz type player this year, or overall depth (or both)?

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Interesting! Does GF have a Jackson Kunz type player this year, or overall depth (or both)?

Hard to say, Jackson is such a unique talent with his size and skill.  This years team may have a little more depth.  They play a very good brand of hockey and move the puck extremely well.  There is a lot of top end kids on the team and the ceiling is high for a lot of them.  The Aviators started a little slow this year but have been tearing up the MN AA teams over the last month.