Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
dagies

Prospective Sioux Recruits

Recommended Posts

I would imagine we will continue to bid on regionals in Fargo and Sioux Falls, so if Randklev commits here, he could be assured that they would have a regional in his back yard if UND makes the tournament.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, AJS said:

I would hope not, the guy can score, but UND doesn't need anymore overagers recruited for next year.

Huh?, i guess I thought they needed finishers...   refresh my memory on why is overage a problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Huh?, i guess I thought they needed finishers...   refresh my memory on why is overage a problem

Not a problem, just more of a personal preference. Would rather not see UND be a school where a majority of their freshman are 20 years old. It's necessary for sure sometimes and it works out well, I don't think there is as high of a ceiling. Also, in this specific example, the SJHL isn't great. For next year, I'm happy they landed Weatherby, who plays in a better league and can put the puck in the net.

If they are looking for another person for next year, I hope it'd be Cruickshank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I've asked a few guys I work with what they've heard and I was told he's leaning toward us, but it wasn't a lock.

Not sure if/what it means, but I saw a quote that the team he's going with has been his choice since day 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, franchise said:

Not sure if/what it means, but I saw a quote that the team he's going with has been his choice since day 1

If he visited any other schools, it wasn’t made public knowledge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cberkas said:

Looks like Mattias Samuelsson is no longer committed to Michigan.

Is he going to Sarnia or opening up recruitment for NCAA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:45 AM, tnt said:

Is he going to Sarnia or opening up recruitment for NCAA?

Mattias Samualsson commits to Western Michigan.

Joins his brother Lukas at Western Michigan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, tnt said:

It looks like Cruikshank might be done for the season with Penticton due to injury. 

Does anyone know if we have an offer out to Cruikshank? Or is that just the assumption? I'd thought he would have made a decision by now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2017 at 10:06 AM, AJS said:

I would hope not, the guy can score, but UND doesn't need anymore overagers recruited for next year.

Haha this kid has put up a ton of points but judging by the fact he’s doing it in a bad league, he’s really old, and he’s currently committed to a CIS school...I’m guessing a top end school like UND will not be offering him anytime soon.  Never know though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GF Aviators (Bantam AA) have a big weekend in town.  Edina AA comes to town for a 3 game series - Friday 8:15 PM; Saturday 10:15 AM; Sunday 11:30 AM.  All games at GF Icon Arena.  They also play Prior Lake AA Sat 4:00 at the Icon.  Don't remember Edina ever making the trip to GF for either bantam or high school.   Edina has a Gopher commit (Nick Williams) on the team.  GF Aviators are currently ranked 3rd in all of MN Bantam AA, where they play the bulk of their schedule.  Edina is #6.  This is the best of the best for Bantam hockey and they play a very entertaining style of hockey.  The Aviators are flying high the past two weekends...they won the Edina invitational tournament two weeks ago and finished 2nd in Roseau last weekend.  They almost pulled off the hat trick of beating the top 3 ranked teams in MN AA in less then 24 hours in Roseau...but eventually fell to Osseo/Maple Grove 3-2 on a late goal in the Championship game.  That Osseo/Maple Grove team beat Shattucks Bantam team and already has 3 D-1 commits on their team (2 Mich Teck and 1 Notre Dame).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ksixpack said:

GF Aviators (Bantam AA) have a big weekend in town.  Edina AA comes to town for a 3 game series - Friday 8:15 PM; Saturday 10:15 AM; Sunday 11:30 AM.  All games at GF Icon Arena.  They also play Prior Lake AA Sat 4:00 at the Icon.  Don't remember Edina ever making the trip to GF for either bantam or high school.   Edina has a Gopher commit (Nick Williams) on the team.  GF Aviators are currently ranked 3rd in all of MN Bantam AA, where they play the bulk of their schedule.  Edina is #6.  This is the best of the best for Bantam hockey and they play a very entertaining style of hockey.  The Aviators are flying high the past two weekends...they won the Edina invitational tournament two weeks ago and finished 2nd in Roseau last weekend.  They almost pulled off the hat trick of beating the top 3 ranked teams in MN AA in less then 24 hours in Roseau...but eventually fell to Osseo/Maple Grove 3-2 on a late goal in the Championship game.  That Osseo/Maple Grove team beat Shattucks Bantam team and already has 3 D-1 commits on their team (2 Mich Teck and 1 Notre Dame).  

Maple Grove has Faber (Notre Dame) & Kukkonen (Mich Tech). Who is other Tech committ? Kukkonen older brother, 11th grader is Tech also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MadMax said:

Maple Grove has Faber (Notre Dame) & Kukkonen (Mich Tech). Who is other Tech committ? Kukkonen older brother, 11th grader is Tech also. 

I was told Justin Janicke was also going to Tech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×