SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 6/14/2017 at 7:59 PM, SiouxBoys said:

He'll be the top player in North Dakota HS hockey next year and it won't be that close.

Will he be a freshman? I bet he will be in the top ten scoring, but he will be outdone by some of his older teammates/linemates. His size doesn't look like it will slow him down any though. 

• 2 weeks later...

It was reported earlier this month that Rizzo & family were meeting with the Kamloops organization at the end of June. Also, an article about the Penticton team next year stated they should know in a couple weeks where he'd be playing next year. We should know any time if it's Kamloops or Penticton next year.  

23 minutes ago, Mhockey said:

If he goes to penticton that would be good for us wouldn't It? It seems penticton has been our bread and butter for recruits  lately 

Kamloops is the WHL team that drafted him, so if he decides to go there, no college hockey. Going to Penticton would be the first hurdle, then it turns back into UND being one of the many colleges that are after him. 

15 minutes ago, AJS said:

Kamloops is the WHL team that drafted him, so if he decides to go there, no college hockey. Going to Penticton would be the first hurdle, then it turns back into UND being one of the many colleges that are after him. 

He didn't go to Kamloops developmental camp.

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

He didn't go to Kamloops developmental camp.

Correct, it doesn't appear that too many people think he'll end up there. The meeting was a new development of sorts, since it appeared he was definitely heading back to Penticton. My guess is he still will, but we'll have to wait and see. When it comes to a prospective recruit and the WHL (especially one that's a first round pick), I do like that he's doing his due diligence. If he ends back at Penticton the college team that gets him will have to feel better that he won't end up pulling a Gropp. 

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

Correct, it doesn't appear that too many people think he'll end up there. The meeting was a new development of sorts, since it appeared he was definitely heading back to Penticton. My guess is he still will, but we'll have to wait and see. When it comes to a prospective recruit and the WHL (especially one that's a first round pick), I do like that he's doing his due diligence. If he ends back at Penticton the college team that gets him will have to feel better that he won't end up pulling a Gropp. 

He did start following Keane whos coming in next year.

I'd say right now, Rizzo & J. Braccini would be 1 & 2 on the wish list right now.

Another name to look for is Justin Barron -- D out of Nova Scotia. 1st round pick in the Q draft to his hometown team, but his brother went college route. Probably a long shot, but would be a huge get.

12 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'd say right now, Rizzo & J. Braccini would be 1 & 2 on the wish list right now.

Another name to look for is Justin Barron -- D out of Nova Scotia. 1st round pick in the Q draft to his hometown team, but his brother went college route. Probably a long shot, but would be a huge get.

Get both Braccini twins for good measure.