SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

22 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Committed today I believe.  I was wondering if there was a chance we'd get him.  Obviously not.

22 hours ago, cberkas said:

I'm not sure his twitter says nothing, neutral zone says nothing, only the U-18 line chart says it.

Neutral zone just said he committed there.

On 2/5/2017 at 10:56 AM, SiouxScore said:

Couple of goalies recently followed by the UND hockey tradition account on twitter.

Riley Morris-Okotoks Oilers  http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=176238

Adam Scheel-USNTDP http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=187566

Berry and Schloss have started following Scheel now too.

I know this is completely subjective, but if you were to rank the Freshman forwards from this class and next, after Jost, I'd put Mismash, Kawaguchi and Adams before the 2nd forward of this years class (Hoff). all light years ahead of Bowen and Yon.

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

I know this is completely subjective, but if you were to rank the Freshman forwards from this class and next, after Jost, I'd put Mismash, Kawaguchi and Adams before the 2nd forward of this years class (Hoff). all light years ahead of Bowen and Yon.

Bowen and Yon have both been very good this year. I'd put both of them and Smith as well in the time he has got ahead of Hoff. Hoff hasn't been real great at all this year. I expected more from him on the offensive end but it really hasn't been there and he has a long way to go with the defensive side of the game.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Bowen and Yon have both been very good this year. I'd put both of them and Smith as well in the time he has got ahead of Hoff. Hoff hasn't been real great at all this year. I expected more from him on the offensive end but it really hasn't been there and he has a long way to go with the defensive side of the game.

Agreed, my rankings were based on them coming in their freshman year. Bowen and Yon have definitely been a pleasant surprise, especially given how both didn't have great years in juniors prior to coming in.

9 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I love how Bowen plays, think he could be a really nice player moving forward. Would love to get him healthy for Miami!

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Hoff has a higher offensive ceiling than Bowen, Smith, and Yon.  I would pin Bowen and Smith as third/fourth liners until maybe their seniors seasons.  I'm not too sure what Yon will bring.  His junior numbers aren't eye popping other than his goal scoring rate. He has an unreal shot.  If he can continue to work on his vision/playmaking he could become an offensive threat by the time he's an upperclassman.

35 minutes ago, AJS said:

I wouldn't go that far.  Hoff had similar numbers to Adams.  I honestly thought Hoff would be more dangerous this year, next year could be his year.  He's not the only one struggling to meet expectations this year. :) 

Also, I think Yon will turn out to be a pretty nice scorer in a couple years.  Let him figure out the college game a bit.  He also needs a good passer on his line.  I have no clue what Bowen will turnout to be.  He's a phenomenal skater with nice energy.  Purely looking at prior statistics, he's not a proven point producer (if you can't score in the BCHL that raises some red flags).  However, that could change in his upper-class years with more development.

20 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I wouldn't go that far.  Hoff had similar numbers to Adams.  I honestly thought Hoff would be more dangerous this year, next year could be his year.  He's not the only one struggling to meet expectations this year. :) 

Also, I think Yon will turn out to be a pretty nice scorer in a couple years.  Let him figure out the college game a bit.  He also needs a good passer on his line.  I have no clue what Bowen will turnout to be.  He's a phenomenal skater with nice energy.  Purely looking at prior statistics, he's not a proven point producer (if you can't score in the BCHL that raises some red flags).  However, that could change in his upper-class years with more development.

You never know how a players numbers will translate to the next level....looking at their last year in Juniors

Boeser 68 points and 35 goals in 57 games in USHL

Wilkie 55 points and 35 goals in 59 games in USHL

Hoff 57 points and 20 goals in 56 games in USHL

Cichy 76 points and 34 goals in 56 games in USHL

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

You never know how a players numbers will translate to the next level....looking at their last year in Juniors

Boeser 68 points and 35 goals in 57 games in USHL

Wilkie 55 points and 35 goals in 59 games in USHL

Hoff 57 points and 20 goals in 56 games in USHL

Cichy 76 points and 34 goals in 56 games in USHL

Exactly....there are always outliers.  However the USHL is getting so good that in many cases the top point producers tend to produce at the college level.  Clearly Wilkie has struggled so far however hopefully he puts this past him and continues to stay positive and come back strong for his junior year.

You always have the guys that do well in juniors but struggle when they get to college, it's most likely due to foot speed, vision, or strength.  However, rarely does someone do nothing in juniors and shine when they get to college (yes, I know what Jonny B. did for SCSU and that was a huge outlier).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...