SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

• 2 weeks later...

How about goalies? We are good for a few years but after Clark graduates we need another guy to groom under Gothberg. Its tough recruiting goalies too early though as they develop later than the other positions.

I would guess it will be hard to get a big time goalie recruit here for at least 2 years. After Clarke leaves I see us getting an overage guy (20 year old freshman) with a lot of junior experience to back up Gothberg. It would be nice to get the next big recruit during Gothberg's senior year, learn a year under the vet and then take over the reigns as a soph.

For the longest time, Ian McCoshen was the biggest uncommited recruit out there, who is it now? I feel we need one more big d-man recruit for next year, because I figure Forbort is as good as gone after this season.

D-men? If we lose Forbort early, we still have three potentially coming in to replace him and Mac and Gleason next year. I don't think next year is our recruiting target anymore. I think it's further out.

D-men? If we lose Forbort early, we still have three potentially coming in to replace him and Mac and Gleason next year. I don't think next year is our recruiting target anymore. I think it's further out.

I realize that we are going to lose for sure 2 and possibly 3 or 4 of our top-6 d-men. I would say LaDue is our only recruit that is absolutely ready for every night play, Panzarella will probably be an every night player as well. Who replaces Forbort then? I really don't think Poolman or Crisfield will be ready for every night play initially. That is why I am saying another big time d-man recruit for next year is probably needed, unless Keaton Thompson finishes his acceleration then he would come in. I know its early but its looking more and more like Thompson will be drafted in the 1st round this year.

The two best D men in the AJHL are on the Brooks Bandits Shane Pilling (6-28-34) and Maddison Smiley (14-13-27) last year he was (0-8-8). Brooks Bandits goalie is 22-1 in 23 games this season 4 shutouts 2.00 GAA .906 SV%. Last season he was 11-1 in 12 games 1 shutout 2.24GAA .898 SV%. Kyle Hayton is a former Shattuck-St. Mary's goalie, in 4 years at Shattuck-St. Mary's 119 games played 102-12-5 1.72 GAA .925 SV %. he's not doing well at Sioux City in 4 game 3 loses and one OTL 3.49 GAA .870 SV%. Anthony Brodeur Shattuck-St. Mary's Goalie, last year 24-3-1 4 shutouts 2.31 GAA .900 SV% Anthony Brodeur is wanting to go the college route not QMJHL. http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=637106 Ryan MacInnis is one I hope commits to UND he's 3-3-6 in 18 games. Nolan Stevens is a name that jumped out to me, he has no points on the U.S. under-17 team.

For the longest time, Ian McCoshen was the biggest uncommited recruit out there, who is it now? I feel we need one more big d-man recruit for next year, because I figure Forbort is as good as gone after this season.

I agree with you on this. I was really hoping we would land McCoshen as the last D recruit for next year. Even if Thompson accelerates I don't see him being ready to contribute on an every night basis. We lose a lot of toughness with the graduation of MacWilliam and McCoshen would have been a nice replacement. I think Crisfield is in the mold of MacWilliam as far as a tough stay at home D-man but I think we most definitely could use another D recruit for next year.

Keaton should be able to finish school this year and play for UND next year....he is ready. Agree on the McCoshen loss...that was a big one. When it was taking him so long to decide it didn't surprise me he picked a school which wasn't on his initial list of schools. He must not have been convinced before.

I realize that we are going to lose for sure 2 and possibly 3 or 4 of our top-6 d-men. I would say LaDue is our only recruit that is absolutely ready for every night play, Panzarella will probably be an every night player as well. Who replaces Forbort then? I really don't think Poolman or Crisfield will be ready for every night play initially. That is why I am saying another big time d-man recruit for next year is probably needed, unless Keaton Thompson finishes his acceleration then he would come in. I know its early but its looking more and more like Thompson will be drafted in the 1st round this year.

Poolman is not coming next year. Hes 2014. LaDue, Crisfield and likely Thompson I'd guess. My point was we have 3 eligible to come in and I don't see, as of now, more than Forbort, any other early departures from the blueline. Of course, that could change. We still have Simpson, Mattson, Schmaltz and Panz. Bring in the three mentioned and we are good. JMO.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits