SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

McCoshen would be a great addition. UND could be losing a lot of experience on D next year (MacWilliam, Gleason graduating, plus potential early departures), so adding a d-man of McCoshen's caliber would be huge. Crisfield and LaDue will for sure be coming in next fall, but does anyone know if Keaton Thompson is accelerating his education in case he is needed to come in next season? I know he was planning on doing so, haven't heard anything since.

A big-time forward recruit to keep an eye on is Ryan Gropp of Penticton (BCHL). He's one of the top 96ers out there, and I was told that the UND staff was hard after a couple Vees' players (Wade Murphy obviously being one of them), and I'm guessing Gropp is the other as he is being heavily recruited by many teams. His dad played at CC, but he did attend Okanagan Hockey Academy (Dixon Ward, the MacMillan brothers).

• Upvote 1

Jay Dickman was one of five players cut from the Fargo Force last Friday. UND had shown interest in him in Feb/March.

Another player to be released from last season’s roster was forward Jay Dickman who played in 12 games for the team following his high school season last year. The St. Paul, MN native posted 5 points with 5 assists in his time with the team. It is undetermined where Dickman will play for the 2012-13 season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any idea when mccoshen will be deciding? Would be damn big adding him to these incoming classes!

Any new prospective recruit rumblings out there anywhere?

I'm assuming this is poolmans son? Is he potential UND player if anyone has a scoring report? Aren't there younger Eades and Bowen prospects out there as well?

Poolman has 4 points in 10 games for Omaha

Tucker Poolman

PROFILE:

Birthday: Jun 08, 1993

Hometown: E. Grand Forks, MN

Position: D

Height: 6-2

Weight: 193

Schlossman said McCoshen plans to make a decision before Christmas. UND, Omaha and Duluth are in the running.

Also, there appeared to be two recruits on the bench during warmups Saturday night.

Yep I saw them as well, didn't get a very good look but one was taller than Dane Jackson so whoever it was is obviously pretty large.

Yep I saw them as well, didn't get a very good look but one was taller than Dane Jackson so whoever it was is obviously pretty large.

Based on Twitter, I'm guessing one was Holy Family's Shane Gersich. He lives in Chaska.

Tweet said "Sioux game in OT #rockin"

Not 100% on that though. Either way, I don't expect him to commit to UND.

Via the Upper Midwest HS Elite League website:

Team Southwest’s Shane Gerisch, a Holy Family Catholic sophomore, re-aggravated a shoulder injury and has been sitting out the remainder of the Elite League season. One of the state’s most coveted recruits, he’s been staying busy by making a tour of Division I programs, with stops expected to include Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Minnesota-Duluth

Based on Twitter, I'm guessing one was Holy Family's Shane Gersich. He lives in Chaska.

Tweet said "Sioux game in OT #rockin"

Not 100% on that though. Either way, I don't expect him to commit to UND.

Sounds like a heck of a recruit. I hope they wowed him but like u said I don't think he will come here either. Gophers written all over him

Schlossman said McCoshen plans to make a decision before Christmas. UND, Omaha and Duluth are in the running.

Also, there appeared to be two recruits on the bench during warmups Saturday night.

I've heard McCoshen is leaving the OHL door open, thus the delay in his decision. Similar to the way Seth Jones handled the process.

Any new prospective recruit rumblings out there anywhere?

I'm assuming this is poolmans son? Is he potential UND player if anyone has a scoring report? Aren't there younger Eades and Bowen prospects out there as well?

Poolman has 4 points in 10 games for Omaha

Tucker Poolman

PROFILE:

Birthday: Jun 08, 1993

Hometown: E. Grand Forks, MN

Position: D

Height: 6-2

Weight: 193

According to twitter rumblings Tucker Poolman has committed to UND