SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Don't know if you'll see him in the USHL for a while, he had an offer from the USNTDP but turned it down and said he wants to continue to stay with his high school team and his biggest goal is to reach the state tournament, said he plans on being at Holy Family(his high school team) for his whole high school career.

I don't believe this is accurate. What I read was he planned to play one more year at his high school and then play at Omaha a couple of seasons. He'll only be a sophomore next year.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/gersich-goes-1st-overall-in-ushl-futures-draft/

Via Slightly Chilled Blog - Mason Morelli

Going to North Dakota, Morelli said, would achieve a goal he’s had all his life.

“That’s been my goal since I laced up the skates,” Morelli said. “My dad told me stories about going to UND and that’s my goal since I was as young as I can remember. That would be awesome to play there and I am trying to take it one step at a time towards getting there.

If Morelli can achieve all of those goals, the hope is North Dakota will notice too.

“Knowing my dad and grandpa played for the Sioux is great,” Morelli said. “My friends ask me about that all the time. It’s awesome. I look up to my dad and grandpa knowing they played at a high level.”

I don't believe this is accurate. What I read was he planned to play one more year at his high school and then play at Omaha a couple of seasons. He'll only be a sophomore next year.

http://futureconside...-futures-draft/

He had tweeted before that he was going to play high school hockey at least until he got to a state tournament or graduated, don't know if he will actually follow it but he had said it at one time.

Would be nice to see the Sioux sign Morelli and have a third generation kid on the team. Everyone knows about Reggie, and his father Matt was with the Sioux for a bit (can't remember exactly how long, or how much he got to play).

A year with the Tauros and then the Force will do the kid extremely well. Plus staying in state always helps when it comes to recruiting.

Hopefully he is a much better player than his dad. The only reason Matt even got to play here was because his dad is Reg. Sorry I am being harsh but I remember when Matt played here and he really was not even a fourth liner. As for that Chase Perry listed on that list of Minnesota kids I wonder if his dad is Thomas Craig Perry?

Can anyone tell me about what kind of player Andrew Blumer from Fargo South? He was just taken by Sioux Falls in the USHL Futures draft. He states in an interview that he has always wanted to play for UND. He is a 6'5" defenseman, who will be a Junior next year. He will play next year for South and then move to the USHL for at least his Senior year.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like UND has shown some interest in Jay Dickman (Fargo Force)

Even though he didn’t feature in the USHL Playoffs, he still has a chance at being taken in this summer’s NHL Entry Draft in Pittsburgh. Dickman said he has been approached by various NHL scouts including ones from the Buffalo Sabres, Pittsburgh Penguins and Toronto Maple Leafs to name a few.

Colleges have also shown interest as he’s spoken with recruiters from Minnesota-Duluth, Nebraska-Omaha, North Dakota and St. Cloud State, which are all schools that have drank from the Force’s well before whether it be with recruiting players or snagging coaches.

http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=2399

My source is telling me that we are likely losing Luke Voltin to the WHL.

If true that would really be to bad. He seems like a nice kid and if that is what he decides then he must have had his reasons. One thing is for sure though, if players decide to back out on their commitments it just opens up a spot for someone who wants to play here. I guess time will tell what Mr. Voltin decides to do.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits