SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Does anybody know anything about luke voltin...? I really hope he doesn't end up playing for north dakota, kid went to my elementary school and from what ive heard from some highschool classmates he's a screw up. He got kicked off the US team.

Well aren't you being a tad judgmental here? Nice job. He's 16 for crying out loud. Lots of kids are screwed up at that age.

Well aren't you being a tad judgmental here? Nice job. He's 16 for crying out loud. Lots of kids are screwed up at that age.

maybe I am being to judgmental, but being 17 and heard the stories from many of my highschool friends on the hockey team, they say he's got problems. Don't get kicked off a US hockey team.. that really says something about your attitude.

maybe I am being to judgmental, but being 17 and heard the stories from many of my highschool friends on the hockey team, they say he's got problems. Don't get kicked off a US hockey team.. that really says something about your attitude.

Sounds like he may just need a good role model. I am 100% confident our coaches and upper classmen can fill that role. I anticipate Luke will do just fine at UND.

Sounds like he may just need a good role model. I am 100% confident our coaches and upper classmen can fill that role. I anticipate Luke will do just fine at UND.

Eveybody thinks they can straighten a kid out. College coaches in all sports think this way when they recruit a troubled yet talented teen. The problem is they often end up wrong as a coach and other players aren't going to babysit a guy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We've seen other players with far less of a bad reputation get into trouble here so I think it is risky to think Voltin is going to suddenly be an angel here.

I trust the coaches decision on recruiting a player when it comes to character. If they thought he was going to be a problem, I don't think they would have recruited him.

Eveybody thinks they can straighten a kid out. College coaches in all sports think this way when they recruit a troubled yet talented teen. The problem is they often end up wrong as a coach and other players aren't going to babysit a guy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We've seen other players with far less of a bad reputation get into trouble here so I think it is risky to think Voltin is going to suddenly be an angel here.

You have no idea what he has done and therefore strictly just assuming or guessing. I am not painting him out to be an angel but we don't know the circumstances to all this hearsay.

Certainly I wonder what the kid did to get kicked off the team, but I am sure the coaches know exactly what he did and probably determined that he is warranted a second chance. I think a lot of these kids that have played on elite teams growing up have been told how great they are and think they can do no wrong. It is nice when somebody comes along and draws a line in the sand, yet is willing to give them a second chance if they tow the line. From what I have heard from host families in Ann Arbor, there are a good number of jerks and punks with an attitude that needs to be adjusted, including those who people have made out to be saints. When you have those that are down to earth and have a humble view of themselves, they are rare and if the talent is there coaches jump all over them, because more likely than not, when you bring in some players they need to be brought down to earth a bit.

that's good news. he wouldn't make the trip if he wasn't seriously considering coming. Hope the team can put on a good show and the crowd is nuts.

Well, Tony, get yourself up here along with Eddie Belfour and tell the kid what UND is all about! (or would that be an NCAA violation? the NCAA even gets involved in my jokes!)

Ha..Great post. Big time talent in Seth jones. Potential #1 pick in 2013. Great to hear he's making the trip to paradise :)

Well, Tony, get yourself up here along with Eddie Belfour and tell the kid what UND is all about! (or would that be an NCAA violation? the NCAA even gets involved in my jokes!)

Watching the MN State Tourney a couple good prospects playing right now for Breck in freshman D-man Keegan Iverson and Senior forward Connor Andrle.

Thought I heard that Iverson was more inclined to the Major Junior route, but who knows.

imagine that, highschool kids being jealous of someone better than them at a sport.... you don't get on the US National Development Team without working your ass off. I not going to pass judgement based off of a 16 year old doing something dumb and some other sixteen year olds being jealous that he's doing what their parents thought they could do.

You have no idea what he has done and therefore strictly just assuming or guessing. I am not painting him out to be an angel but we don't know the circumstances to all this hearsay.

Yes because we know that the NTDP kicks players out of the program for minor offenses. :silly: