SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-2006 Women's Hockey Thread

HockeyMom

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I should have posted that.

Quinnipiac went up 1-0 a few minutes into the game....the puck went off of Fingland's skate and Hasbargen couldn't do anything about it. Just one of those things you can't do much about. Carlson was booked early for a checking from behind. Not so sure I agree with the call. But there were a few calls tonight I didn't agree with. Mostly the one's on the blue line. I don't think Storey could even see the blue-line.

Fingland looked a little shaky right after the goal, but she turned it around and had a pretty strong performance the rest of the night.

First period was tough to watch.

Second period was all UND. The penalty kill looked good tonight. Although they could have had a few less penalties. It's still early in the season.

Quinnipiac looked pretty fatigued late in the second period.

Hasbargen had several nice saves on the night.

I missed Quinnipiac's second goal, but it was a PP goal.

They pulled their goalie at the end and Bowers had a nice empty net goal.

I think that's about it.

4-2 FIGHTING SSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOUUUXXXXXXXXXXX

I didn't know where else to put this, so I thought I would add it into this thread.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/s...ta/12974839.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the link CRR.

Slow day at the office? What a stupid article. I like how the write up on the game was a staff report and Kevin Fee took the time to sit down and write about the cover of the media guide......does it have the freshman on the pic before they played a real game in a Fighting Sioux uniform? Oh the humanity of it all! ;)

I'd still like to see it.

I live in North Dakota.

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I apologize - that sounded like a question from a stalker. I was just curious how far you have to travel to follow UND sports. I applaud you for your interest and support of UND athletics, particularly women's hockey.

Also, thanks for your summaries of the games.

I'm bored.

On the road at Wisconsin this weekend. The Badgers are ranked #2 in the nation.

I'd be happy as heck with a point out of this series......let alone 2. Anyone not picking the Badgers to sweep? ND has nothing to lose.......and a whole lot of confidence to gain.

Some tidbits from the WCHA:

Scoring offense:

Wisconsin #2

ND #3

Scoring D

Wisco #2

ND #8

Penalty Min

ND #1

PP

ND #1 6/23

Wisco #5

PK

ND #3

Wisco #7

Have fun, PUCKS.

Women's hockey isn't as boring as people seem to think. I've already seen some pretty nice hits in three games. It's something people need to see for themselves.

AND I don't think Samantha Bowers will back down to anyone......

Enjoy the game. Hopefully the Sioux can leave Madison with a point.....or more.

As for me, I'll be at The Ralph. I have a case of Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade to drink.