SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 Basketball Recruiting

wcbsas

How many scholarships are open?

Who are they recruiting?

What positions are on the "needs" list?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At this point, it appears we will have about two full rides available. Of course, there may be other departures that will open up a scholarship or two.

The guard position appears to be in very good shape - good talent and good depth! We need to find both depth and talent at the 4 and 5 positions.

Obviously, at this point, they are looking at a lot of kids. Upper midwest HS possibilities include the Benter kid out of Divide County. I believe he is 6'8" with good potential. There is another 6'8" kid from Rapid City. They are keeping a close eye on a 6'10" soph or junior from Williston but I think his dad played FB at SU so they may have an inside track on him - if he is good!

Area Local p

At this point, it appears we will have about two full rides available. Of course, there may be other departures that will open up a scholarship or two.

The guard position appears to be in very good shape - good talent and good depth! We need to find both depth and talent at the 4 and 5 positions.

Obviously, at this point, they are looking at a lot of kids. Upper midwest HS possibilities include the Benter kid out of Divide County. I believe he is 6'8" with good potential. There is another 6'8" kid from Rapid City. They are keeping a close eye on a 6'10" soph or junior from Williston but I think his dad played FB at SU so they may have an inside track on him - if he is good!

Area Local p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It will be interesting to see how Benter develops this year. I saw him play in the first round at the state tournament last year, and he struggled a bit as I recall, although he apparently played much better in the two games after that. He was also recently named to an all-tournament team for a pretty big AAU tournament. link.

The kid from Williston is Brian Qvale, and he'll be a junior this year. At this point, I'd kind of expect him to go to at least a mid-major dI.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey now that school is in session has anyone heard if there are any suprise Men's BBall walk-ons?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is one walk-on who originally came to UND to play football. He is out of Colorado, a 6'3" wing that possibly could contribute down the line. An injury ended his FB career and he nows wants to try BB. I believe his last name is Porter.

There is some not-so-good news that I will post on the UND Men's BB site.