SiouxSports.com Forum

Swept at home by a mediocre team?

johndahl

Deconess was still in operation in 1975. St. Mikes was still being used in 1977/78.

From the Altru Health System history page:

In 1971, Deaconess and St. Michael's Hospitals became legally, but not physically, one United Hospital. The next year, plans and blue prints turned into bricks

and mortar. Organizers broke ground for the first facility on Medical Park, a 90-acre campus of medical services and facilities. The medical complex grew to

include an acute care hospital, a rehabilitation hospital, a large specialty clinic, an orthopedic clinic, a family practice clinic, a nursing home, a chemical

dependency center and a unique senior living center.

The buildings may have still been in use, but they were part of United Hospital by then. I remember going to the emergency room at the new hospital in August of 1976 for treatment of a broken arm. It had been open for a couple of years by then.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Altru Health System history page:

The buildings may have still been in use, but they were part of United Hospital by then. I remember going to the emergency room at the new hospital in August of 1976 for treatment of a broken arm. It had been open for a couple of years by then.

I think 76 was when it first was used because I was in Deconess in the summer of 75. Do you have a good story about how you broke your arm?

Construction of The United Hospital, an acute care hospital, on

Medical Park was completed. The next facilities to follow were

Valley Medical Associates, P.C. and the Grand Forks Clinic. The

medical complex grew to include an orthopedic clinic, a nursing

home, a chemical dependency center, and a unique senior living

center.

https://www.bcbsnd.com/docs/newsroom/QuickFacts.pdf

I think 76 was when it first was used because I was in Deconess in the summer of 75. Do you have a good story about how you broke your arm?

Construction of The United Hospital, an acute care hospital, on

Medical Park was completed. The next facilities to follow were

Valley Medical Associates, P.C. and the Grand Forks Clinic. The

medical complex grew to include an orthopedic clinic, a nursing

home, a chemical dependency center, and a unique senior living

center.

https://www.bcbsnd.c.../QuickFacts.pdf

Not a great story. First day of football practice in high school. We were doing a drill that went badly. I tried to break my fall so I wouldn't fall on my head, and I broke both bones in my arm just above the wrist. Bad enough break that the doctor didn't clear me for sports for almost 18 months. But I avoided surgery.

Not a great story. First day of football practice in high school. We were doing a drill that went badly. I tried to break my fall so I wouldn't fall on my head, and I broke both bones in my arm just above the wrist. Bad enough break that the doctor didn't clear me for sports for almost 18 months. But I avoided surgery.

Does your arm bother when the weather changes?

Does your arm bother when the weather changes?

I sometimes feel a twinge or 2, nothing major. I broke a finger playing hockey (beer league), and broke the other wrist walking across an icy parking lot. The finger is the one that bothers me most when the weather changes. It can throb quite a bit. As a matter of fact, I can feel it some right now. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I went to the Italian Moon Clinic to fix the finger. I straightened and set it myself at the rink. After hockey we went to the Moon for beer and pizza. I ordered an extra cup of ice to soak my finger. Then I went home and put a splint on it. It works fine, just doesn't bend quite as far as the other fingers.

I sometimes feel a twinge or 2, nothing major. I broke a finger playing hockey (beer league), and broke the other wrist walking across an icy parking lot. The finger is the one that bothers me most when the weather changes. It can throb quite a bit. As a matter of fact, I can feel it some right now. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I went to the Italian Moon Clinic to fix the finger. I straightened and set it myself at the rink. After hockey we went to the Moon for beer and pizza. I ordered an extra cup of ice to soak my finger. Then I went home and put a splint on it. It works fine, just doesn't bend quite as far as the other fingers.

Funny that the mildest thing you broke is the one you still feel.