SiouxSports.com Forum

DU vs. CC Official Game Day Thread

NDFAN

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm conflicted. Beating DU as payback for Robbie would be really nice. On the other hand, if the Sioux don't win it all, I'd hate to see DU skating with another NCAA trophy. That would give the Pioneers the same number of national championships as the Sioux. The only thing worse would be if the Gophers won another NCAA title.

If the Sioux make the championship game, I'd rather play CC because A) we've beaten them this season and B) every game we've played has been decided by one goal. Right now, I'd rather see UND's offense against McElhinney and CC's defense. And I think shutting down CC's offense is easier than shutting down DU's.

I'm conflicted. Beating DU as payback for Robbie would be really nice. On the other hand, if the Sioux don't win it all, I'd hate to see DU skating with another NCAA trophy. That would give the Pioneers the same number of national championships as the Sioux. The only thing worse would be if the Gophers won another NCAA title.

If the Sioux make the championship game, I'd rather play CC because A) we've beaten them this season and B) every game we've played has been decided by one goal. Right now, I'd rather see UND's offense against McElhinney and CC's defense. And I think shutting down CC's offense is easier than shutting down DU's.

I agree with your choice, PCM. You speak for me. The storybook ending has the Sioux beating the gophs tonite, and then ultimate revenge on Count Rugen, I mean the Pioneers.

After watching CC and Denver in the Final Five I think CC is the way to go. It seemed to me that CC's offense could be disrupted if you didn't allow them any flow going into the offensive zone. They didn't dump the puck and cycle. Denver would line up at the blue line, break up the rush, CC MIGHT get a weak shot on goal, and the puck would come back out. I think the Sioux D might be able to limit CC's offense on the small sheet. And CC's defense isn't as solid, I didn't think, as Denver's. So hopefully the Sioux would get more offensive opportunities.

Still, I don't care that much either way. I just want to make that game....

If the Sioux can't win it, CC would easily be my second choice. I do not want to see either Denver or the Goofies skating with the trophy. If we sdo lose in the tournament I hope it is to CC, that will take a little of the sting off of the loss. A loss to Denver or especially the Goofies would sting all summer and the "Skippy's" will troll here all summer.

I am pulling for CC in this one. I would hate to see Denver "taint" our back to back :lol:

What I am really hoping for is that we don't get a repeat of the Final Five title game. I brought some friends to that game who are not really in to college hockey and that was not the way to introduce them to it. I had to keep pumping beers into them so they wouldn't fall asleep!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess the less of two evils this weekend would be C.C. or UND winning it all. The thought of UofM winning it all again makes my skin crawl.

Plus the Gopher fans that called into PA and Dubay just don't get it at all. Add to the Mix that puffy has no clue about college hockey. He just called UND power play horrible. Last time I looked UND had its best power play in some time.

I guess the less of two evils this weekend would be C.C. or UND winning it all. The thought of UofM winning it all again makes my skin crawl.

Plus the Gopher fans that called into PA and Dubay just don't get it at all. Add to the Mix that puffy has no clue about college hockey. He just called UND power play horrible. Last time I looked UND had its best power play in some time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are absolutely correct about the stupid fans of gopherdumb, but i'm gonna be a sioux fan that gives puffy some credit. his only err is that he is a gopher fan. He does know a lot about college hockey. He let's his moron and gold glasses cloud his opinions at times (like most of us don't from time to time with the green and white) but for the most part he does give sioux fans and team a lot of credit when credit is due.

you are absolutely correct about the stupid fans of gopherdumb,  but i'm gonna be a sioux fan that gives puffy some credit.  his only err is that he is a gopher fan.  He does know a lot about college hockey.  He let's his moron and gold glasses cloud his opinions at times (like most of us don't from time to time with the green and white) but for the most part he does give sioux fans and team a lot of credit when credit is due.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is my question to Puffy, if INCH says:

North Dakota's power play, meanwhile, has been excellent of late, scoring in six straight games (8-for-32, 25.0 percent in thta time). They rely on the strength of their freshmen up front (Travis Zajac, 8, and Rastislav Spirko, 7, are 1-2 on the team in PPGs) and the puck movement of Nick Fuher and Colby Genoway on the points.

I would like to know where Jeff is getting his information. Because I agree with the writer, UND has been pretty good on the PP. If I am not mistaken UND is really like only given up 2 goals on the PP in what 2 or 3 goals in 50 PK opportunities.