SiouxSports.com Forum

Men's Elite Eight results

jimdahl

Bryant def. Mt. Olive 84-69

Watching the bracket graphic at REA.

Bryant: Promised to send fans to cheer for the Sioux in Worcester if we cheer for them.

Mount Olive: My favorite Cinderalla in the ACC's shadow in the heart of Tobacco Road (and makes me think of pickles).

Update:

Bryant's recap of their 84-69 win

NCAA recap

Tarleton St. def Cal. Poly Pomona 58-56

NCAA recap

Bryant def. Mt. Olive 84-69

Watching the bracket graphic at REA.

Bryant: Promised to send fans to cheer for the Sioux in Worcester if we cheer for them.

Mount Olive:  My favorite Cinderalla in the ACC's shadow in the heart of Tobacco Road (and makes me think of pickles).

Update:

Bryant's recap of their 84-69 win

NCAA recap

Tarleton St. def Cal. Poly Pomona 58-56

NCAA recap

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone know the attendance or how things are going with the tourney?

The Tarleton box score lists official attendance at 727. That's quite likely tickets sold; which, given bisonguy's description, could be quite different from turnstyle count. That also would imply that no more than that many all-session packages were sold. That's about in line with my expectations and others' concerns, though undoubtedly a bit disappointing for REA. The championship game on a weekend afternoon could be a bit better.

The thing to keep in mind is that obviously with the first two games being played on a Wednesday afternoon, attendance was going to be very low. That was inevitable and probably a surprise to nobody. The real barometers of the success or failure of the tournament will the semi's and championship games. So long as the numbers don't come in too far below what most of the past year's tournaments have drawn, particularly considering the complete lack of any regional teams, the tournament should not be considered a disapointment IMO.

It's still a modest number, but the paid attendance for last night's late game between Metro St. and Virginia Union exceeded 1100. I think that's a small victory considering it's more than the attendance for the women's north central region title game at the Betty between two relatively local teams in St. Cloud St. and Concordia-St. Paul. Family obligations kept me from yesterday's games, and will unfortunately keep me from the championship game, but I will be there tonight for what should be some very good basketball.

I think the attendance counts are accurate. I didn't count but 700 and 1,100 seem right. Tarleton had a good group of fans and brought a pep band as well. Findlay brought a large contingent of fans so I was disappointed to see them lose.

Some pretty good games.