SiouxSports.com Forum

2005 NCAA Women's Brackets

dakotadan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UND women will win the region, no problem.

In the first round, UND will beat Ft. Hays State by 30 points.  The RMAC stinks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what we all thought when UND played Fort Lewis last year in the first round in St. Paul. Final score...UND 56 Ft. Lewis 54. They gave us all we could handle and then some. I know nothing of Ft. Lewis, and so I'm not gonna make any big predictions like a 30 point win. I just hope we can survive till at least the title game. This UND team, however well they are playing are still very young, and I just hope that they don't come in overconfident, or they WILL be beaten!!!

I agree UND92,96...I also would be disappointed if we don't win by 20 with homecourt and the roll we've been on lately. The thing is that Fort Hays really has nothing to lose, being the #8 seed. I've been on that side before back when I played basketball, it's a lot of fun to play giant killer. UND has to come out and bury them right away. You'll see me in my Sioux Crew shirt by where the band sits...if it's inside of a 10 point game at half I won't be in a good mood. It's March Madness, anything can happen, and if we don't crush them early in the game, that'll give Fort Hays the confidence they need (they'll forget about being 5-5). It would be nice if we could win both games comfortably so that Langen, Hausauer, Boese, and others can get some rest so we can have really fresh legs for a Monday title game. Also, if we can win the first two comfortably, that'll get Val Sannes some more time. She's come a hell of a long way since high school, and I think she'll play a key role if UND is going to go anywhere in the National Tournament. She has some weaknesses on offense (like bringing the ball down), but she eats up a lot of minutes, and is much more effective than Glynn.

It should be an interesting first round, I'm definitely gonna go over to catch at least the MSU-M-St. Cloud game. I just can't see MSU-M winning that one, but St. Cloud historically does not play well in regional tournaments, so we'll see what happens I guess.

In the paper, I think it said game times would be announced today.  Does anyone know what time on Friday the Sioux play?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is from fightingsioux.com

Friday's matchups

#3 Regis vs. #6 Minnesota Duluth, 12 p.m.

#2 Minnesota State, Moorhead vs. #7 St. Cloud State, 2 p.m.

#4 Concordia-St. Paul vs. #5 Metro State, 4 p.m.

#1 North Dakota vs. #8 Fort Hays State, 6 p.m.

Saturday's matchups

Regis/UMD winner vs. MSU Moorhead/SCSU winner, 4 p.m.

Concordia/Metro State winner vs. UND/Ft. Hays State winner, 6 p.m.

Monday's game

North Central Region championship game, 7 p.m.

I realize why the have the games scheduled like they do, but putting the UND games at night will severely conflict with the hockey games.  I thought they'd be smarter than that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I understand, originally the games would have been at 2, 4, 6, and 8....leaving the UND game to completely overlap with the hockey game. This way, the basketball game will be nearly completed before hockey even begins. I think it's really smart how they scheduled them like that. BB at 6, and go a bit late to hockey at 7:35.

The games will still completely overlap. The UND BB game will not start even close to 6...6:30 would be an accomplishment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's still better than the UND game starting at 8. At least this way to stay for the end of the BB game would mean only missing the first period of hockey. Seeing the BB team play at 8 would take us out of the hockey game altogether. How could they have done it any differently? Doesn't the #1 seed always have the late game?

From what I understand, originally the games would have been at 2, 4, 6, and 8....leaving the UND game to completely overlap with the hockey game. This way, the basketball game will be nearly completed before hockey even begins. I think it's really smart how they scheduled them like that. BB at 6, and go a bit late to hockey at 7:35.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well if that's the case, then this is a better option.

Although I'm still not thrilled about missing the beginning of the hockey game in order to catch the end of the basketball game.

Then again, unless the game is really close, score-wise, maybe I can jump over to the hockey game.

Fortunatly, if the hockey team goes to 3 games, I can be at that game in its entirety.

If the women come out to play, everyone should be able to head over a few minutes early. I can't see them coming out dead. Roebuck will have them ready to play so that Ft Hays doesn't pick up any early confidence. Ft Hays looks pretty balanced, no big scoring stud Top two average 14 and 10, then 7 players average between 4.6 and 6.9

I really hope that the fan support is great for the women this weekend. I hope people come for both hockey and basketball, and if it's a close game I will be very disappointed if I see 500 people get up and leave to go to hockey!!!

That being said, I'm a little nervous for Ft. Hays. Their leading scorer is 6'1" she shoots about 60% from the field, and is also their leading rebounder (as a soph.). After that, they don't have much height to speak of. I'm sure we can expect a similar style of game that we saw from USD, but the question will be whether they can draw something up to stop Langen...or whether Langen can stay out of foul trouble if they go to a 5-out offense with the center bringin the ball up the court.

Good luck to the Sioux women (and hockey team) this weekend. Hopefully both can move on!!! :lol:

I just tried to get tickets for Fridays game on ticket master, but it says they are not available for individual sessions until Friday at 11:00 am. Can you buy them at the door or do you think that will be a problem with a sell out or something?? The tickets are available for the whole tournament, but don't know if we can make all of them...any ideas?:lol: