SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State High School Hockey Championship

siouxnami

Probably not good enough to be an "official thread." :silly:

It's that magical time of year again. If things go as planned the Sioux recruits could bring home 2 state championships. Lee and Vandevalde are part of perhaps one of the most talented Minnesota teams ever. And Oshie leads Warroad's offensive machine.

I predict that Warroad will cruise to the "A" title and Moorhead will finally get #1. Moorhead opens up aginst Century out of a very weak Section #1. I expect an absolute blowout. I think that it is too bad that a Centennial can miss the tournement and a Century can make it, but that is just my opinion. Southern Minnesota hockey just isn't that good relative to the rest of the state. In case anyone thinks I am biased, I have lived in Section #1 for years.

When is Mr. Hockey announced It would be nice to bring that to North Dakota for once (yes, I know the sad history). I'm just tired of seeing so much outstanding talent be wasted elsewhere.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for starting this thread. Absolute must-see TV this week. The only times I've seen Lee, Vandevelde and Oshie play were during the state tournament last year, so it should be interesting to see their progression this year.

I suppose the Holy Angels/Jefferson winner will be expected to play for the championship, and a potential WBL/Moorhead semifinal Friday would be one for the ages.

Sometime I'm going to have to start taking time off and attending the state hockey tournament like I do the Final Five. Fun to watch on TV at least...

I'm pumped to see teams from the Iron Range make it down. Good luck to Virginia!

Moorhead and Warroad could pull off a section 8 sweep. That was close to happening in 1999 when Roseau won "AA" but EGF lost in "A"championship.

Minnesota state tourney is so good that both Warroad and Moorhead could lose first round. In class "A" I think it will be Warroad or Totino grace. "AA" could be Moorhead, WBL, Duluth East, Jefferson, Holly Angels.

I wish the future Sioux Good Luck and I want a section 8 sweep.

I predict Oshie will win Mr. Hockey, I think they announce that on sunday.

Southern Minnesota hockey just isn't that good relative to the rest of the state.  In case anyone thinks I am biased, I have lived in Section #1 for years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rocherter Mayo has had some great teams over the years...but on the whole...I would have to agree with you.

I'll pick the underdog.  Winner of Bloomington-Jefferson HS vs Holy Angels.

Warroad in the other class.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think Jefferson and AHA are really considered underdogs.

DULUTH EAST in AA and MARSHALL in A!!!!!!! :silly: (yeah right)

Give it another couple of years, if Warroad keeps their act together, there could be a section 8 sweep with Roseau and Warroad. ..It'd be nice..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You better believe it would be nice to see two small nothern schools walk into the cities and steal both State hockey titles. I can't wait to watch Warroad/Moorhead rip apart the competition at State this year! Section 8 sweep!!!

[ COLOR=green]OSHIE for HOBEY 2010!!

Does anyone know if there are anymore Sioux players playing in the tournament beside Oshie and Lee?

Who are the other college hockey recruits?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Vandevelde - Moorhead (UND)

Becker - Moorhead (Air Force)

Connelly - Jefferson (CC)

Niskanen - Virginia (UMD)

Hummel - AHA (SCSU)

I might have missed some. There will probably be another 20 or so eventual Division 1 players playing this week. It'll be great fun to watch.

Vandevelde - Moorhead (UND)

Becker - Moorhead (Air Force)

Connelly - Jefferson (CC)

Niskanen - Virginia (UMD)

Hummel - AHA (SCSU)

I might have missed some. There will probably be another 20 or so eventual Division 1 players playing this week. It'll be great fun to watch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like reports can be found here for those of us that can't watch. Also KSTC TV appears to have brackets and other info.

Warroad vs Albert Lea today at 2PM; Moorhead vs. Rochester Century tomorrow at 2PM

The MSHSL webpage has brackets and game times.  They are usually pretty good about updating the brackets and stuff.

Minnesota State High School League

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks, googled after I asked.

In the write-up Moorhead was ranked #2 in the final poll but I can't find the #1 team. Who was it and didn't they make the tourney?

Oshie looked good. Great move to get a beauty of an assist on their 5th goal.

He looks big, and looks to have good hands. It will be fun seeing him in a Sioux uni in the future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is Oshie coming in next year (2005-2006)?