SiouxSports.com Forum

USCHO BRACKETOLOGY FEB 21ST

AZSIOUX

http://www.uscho.com/news/2005/02/21_010036.php

(USCHO FEB 21ST BRACKETOLOGY WITH 3-2-1 BONUS)

the sioux were not in the tourney this week before they added the 3-2-1 bonus. here is the explanation from uscho.com

A few noticeable changes here as in Cornell falling from 4 to 6, North Dakota replacing Dartmouth in the tournament (on the basis of the Sioux' two wins at Maine, which is No. 15 in the unadjusted RPI).

Minneapolis:

Colgate vs. Minnesota

Harvard vs. Michigan

Grand Rapids:

Sacred Heart vs. Denver

Ohio State vs. UML

Amherst:

North Dakota vs. Boston College

UNH vs. Cornell

Worcester:

Bemidji State vs. Colorado College

Wisconsin vs. Boston University

Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 5

HEA - 4

ECACHL - 3

CCHA - 2

AHA - 1

CHA - 1

Sioux only make the tourney at this point by the bonus from the Maine wins (and the bonus is currently just a guess). Dwindling RPI playing UAA plus the loss has definitely put the Sioux on the bubble. Could well mean that 2 wins against St. Cloud as well as the first round of the WCHA playoffs is necessary or be left out of the tourney.

SCSU is currently a TUC, and since they face MN next, should remain one when the Sioux go there. First round playoff opponent prolly will not be a TUC (Duluth, whose RPI will take a dump vs Bemidji this weekend), so losing to them could well eliminate the Sioux.

Looks like the Sioux are just hanging on by the skin of their teeth. Got to have some points against BADgers and JBSU.

AND hope Maine hangs in at 15 or higher in the RPI so we can pull some bonus points. Go Black Bears!!!!!!!!!!!! Tough test this weekend against Mass-Lowell!

Crunch time. But as Al Davis says, "Just win, baby".

AND hope Maine hangs in at 15 or higher in the RPI so we can pull some bonus points. Go Black Bears!!!!!!!!!!!! Tough test this weekend against Mass-Lowell!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maine's RPI should be OK playing UML and BC in their last two series, win or lose. Maine's chances of making the NCAA's may well hinge on sweeping all four games, however.

I still say the biggest joke is the regional set-up. I've said it before and I'll say it again...

All Minnesota has to do is limp into the tournament, even as a #16 seed. Is there any question that even a top notch opponent as a #1 seed faces a tough battle against the Gophers at Mariucci? What the he** is the NCAA thinking?

I still say the biggest joke is the regional set-up.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...

All Minnesota has to do is limp into the tournament, even as a #16 seed.  Is there any question that even a top notch opponent as a #1 seed faces a tough battle against the Gophers at Mariucci?  What the he** is the NCAA thinking?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know. But right now, I don't think Minnesota would want either Harvard or Michigan.

Just the same, Amherst is the hardest path to the FF. ???

I still say the biggest joke is the regional set-up.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...

All Minnesota has to do is limp into the tournament, even as a #16 seed.  Is there any question that even a top notch opponent as a #1 seed faces a tough battle against the Gophers at Mariucci?  What the he** is the NCAA thinking?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I won't be complaining next year when hopefully all UND has to do is limp into the tournament as a #16 seed and have home ice advantage. ;)???

First round playoff opponent prolly will not be a TUC (Duluth, whose RPI will take a dump vs Bemidji this weekend), so losing to them could well eliminate the Sioux.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We do have games left vs. Wisco too, so we could very well remain a TUC. I'm still a bit unclear on one thing. Does a team have to be a TUC when you play them...or just at the end of the season when the brackets are being made up? :silly:

We do have games left vs. Wisco too, so we could very well remain a TUC.  I'm still a bit unclear on one thing.  Does a team have to be a TUC when you play them...or just at the end of the season when the brackets are being made up?  :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Saw Duluth moved over .500 RPI after I posted. Looks like you should remain there. As I understand it, it's where you stand at the end, everything before then counts as if you were a TUC all season. Actually, Bemidji is still hanging in there as a TUC so playing them isn't as bad as one would think, as their RPI is higher than MDU's.

Nice weekend for the Sioux. Sounded like UW slowed the game today to a crawl.

Next week the Sioux are in a precarious situation. Sweeping SCSU could drop their RPI below 0.5000. I'd guess they will get dragged back over 0.5000 RPI in the 1st round of the WCHA playoffs though.

That would be my guess as well. The other good news for us is that BSU is still a TUC. Also, UM-L is playing two very lowly ranked teams, so they'll probably see their RPI drop. Hopefully below us.

I think we also need Maine to probably lose both to BC this weekend.

This year Goopher season ticket holders got to order regional tickets with there season tickets. The tickets were priced at $70 for the two sessions. I think the price is set by the NCAA, but the way the tickets are sold is determined by the host school.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It should really be by game and an even distribution to each team. Last time Sioux played a regional in Minny, fans couldn't get tickets and yet there might have only been about 1000 people there. All the Minny fans cared about was their own team.

It should really be by game and an even distribution to each team.  Last time Sioux played a regional in Minny, fans couldn't get tickets and yet there might have only been about 1000 people there.  All the Minny fans cared about was their own team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that is realistic. The host school has typically made a commitment to the NCAA about revenue. In order to make that commitment they need to be able to sell as many as they can to their base.

The '00 regional at Mariucci was very well attended by UND, UW and UM fans. The '02 regional had at least 1000 UND fans for the Ferris game and at least 500 or so tickets went unsold. This they keep announcing there are still over 1500 tickets available, so be prepared on selection Sunday or Monday AM to order your tickets if UND is at Mariucci. Tickets will likely be available for walkups on the first round. If the Gophers and UND are in a quarter final, yes it will be a tough ticket.