SiouxSports.com Forum

East Region Race

FSwadestorey

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said earlier i think Jamestown can surprise some people. Once again they lose in a very close game to Central(3-2).  If they can find a way to come away with those games I think they maybe can go places.  Don't get me wrong I know they are not the best team but I would not take them lightly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to agree. They have some players and they work hard. Ritchie is having a good season and so is Welding. They could upset someone in the East Region Tournament but with a trip to state on the line all of the teams should be focused and the top 4 or 5 teams have more depth. In high school sports, however, anything can happen.

I'm really anxious to see the outcome of the Central-South game tomorrow night. Central has improved a ton this season, and I think they could possibly knock off the Bruins if they play well. I still think South will win the game, but it should be a good one.

I'm really anxious to see the outcome of the Central-South game tomorrow night.  Central has improved a ton this season, and I think they could possibly knock off the Bruins if they play well.  I still think South will win the game, but it should be a good one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I belive that Central is one of the hottest teams in the state right now with Garrison back in the line up. South will be looking to wrap up the EDC title for good tomorrow. Because of this I agree with you that both teams will come to play tomorrow making a great game to watch.

Okay, so my comments on my last post may have been a little exaggerated, but there is some truth behind all my madness. South is an okay team. i still think that Red River has their best games ahead of them, along with central. The west fargo game is a perfect example of the suspect play by fargo south. a state champion team would not let a lesser team hang around and play with them. yes, they had alot of shots, but shots don't count on the scoreboard. South may go into EDC playoffs ranked 1st, but they won't come out that way. I will not be surprised at all if there are 2 or 3 upsets. it will be an interesting last couple weeks

We have heard opinions about who the best players are in the state but are their any opinions on the most under rated players in the East Region?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw Grant larson from south play in a couple of games, and he can really put the puck in the net, I think he is a solid player. I also see Nick Klenow from fargo north putting up some good numbers. I believe that Garrison from central is a great team player and works very hard, and doesnt get enough credit.

We have heard opinions about who the best players are in the state but are their any opinions on the most under rated players in the East Region?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's my list of most under rated players in the East.

Jake Stadstad, GFC: This kid has probably the quickest lateral movement in the state. He's very slippery.

Nick Klenow, Fargo North: He has some of the nicest hands in the state. If he gets on a breakaway he will more than likely score.

Grant Larson, Fargo South: Maybe not over rated as much as most improved. He was playing third or fourth line junior varsity last year and now is leading the Bruins in goals this year.

Gary Stensgaard, Fargo Shanley: Haven't seen him play yet this season but he has a ton of goals, which impresses me. He also has a ton of PIM, which doesn't impress me.

Marc Mihulka, GFRR: He played on the Elite League team with all the Moorhead boys and did ok from what I hear. He's a thick kid that can bury the puck.

Eli Rosendahl, GFRR: He is a back-up goalie that would start for most teams in the state. Made 38 saves on 40 shots against a high scoring Minot team.

I gotta agree with Jack on Stadstad. The kid impresses me with his quickness and his work ethic. I think he should be a Mr. Hockey finalist for sure.

Nobody has mentioned Ben McLean from Fargo South. I saw him play against Red River, and he looks pretty good. He also shut out Grafton at the Spoiler dome, a very tough thing to do... :silly:

a state champion team would not let a lesser team hang around and play with them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you serious? You are on the UND message board. Even when UND was doing well, they typically played to the level of the other team. Of course there were some blowouts, but often times they would not play as well when playing the lesser team.

Okay, so my comments on my last post may have been a little exaggerated, but there is some truth behind all my madness.  South is an okay team.  i still think that Red River has their best games ahead of them, along with central.  The west fargo game is a perfect example of the suspect play by fargo south.  a state champion team would not let a lesser team hang around and play with them.  yes, they had alot of shots, but shots don't count on the scoreboard.  South may go into EDC playoffs ranked 1st, but they won't come out that way.  I will not be surprised at all if there are 2 or 3 upsets.  it will be an interesting last couple weeks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One thing that you cannot control is how well the opposing goalie plays in a game. When he plays the best game of his life you have to give him the credit that he deserves. I believe that the west fargo goalie just came up huge in a totally lopsided game and kept his team in it.

Thats an interesting fact Fargobison, I would have never thought... :lol:

I listened to a little bit of the game on the radio after the USHL All-Star game got over with. South went ahead 3-2 in the third period right as I got done listening, and it sounded like a pretty close game from what I heard. If Central ends up getting the #4 seed in the East, that could be a pretty good matchup come East Region tourny time. ???

Sorry to ruin this little parade but how is Jamestown gonna make an upset in the east if they play in the WDA.  And you guys think I'm weird.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cuz you are in michigan?(supposedly) and an idiot. Jamestown is in the east, in sixth place as of right now.