SiouxSports.com Forum

"A turning point?"

PCM

This article by Brad Schlossman was in Sunday's Grand Forks Herald.

"It's a matter of getting hot at the right times," UND captain Matt Greene said. "You can win all the games you want at the beginning, but the only games that matter are the games at the end. As long as we put ourselves in position to be in the (NCAA) tournament, we should be fine.

"We're starting to hit our stride as a team, and we're starting to find our identity. I think we did last weekend."

This is sort of off-topic, but instead of looking back for a better thread I'll put it here. Many people have commented on the lack of net-crashing by the Sioux as a key factor in the scoring drought.

I found it interesting, then, to come across this comment by CC goalie CuMac after his win Friday against UND (from the CS paper):

"The one thing about North Dakota is they throw a lot pucks on the net, and they try to go to the net hard and look for rebounds," McElhinney said. "They tried that again tonight, but fortunately my defensemen did a good job in front of me."

You know BringDeanBack there is a line where you go from being constructive to being a horses a$$,you might have crossed it :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely, if you are only a fairweather fan then wait until the team meets your lofty expectations before making another post :D

I was very glad to hear Berry and the team say they weren't frustrated but incouraged (still don't know if I buy it 100% but...). Having attended both of the CC/UND games, my observation was that the Sioux played as hard as they possibly could have. I was quite pleased with the effort as I was fearful that it was going to be a penalty-filled weekend for the Sioux. Perhaps the Sioux could've crashed the net more and it would've been nice to see the Sioux get more quality shots on net but you have to give credit to CC's D-Men as well as Zaba between the pipes(CuMac played Friday). Now the question I have is, how in the world did the Zaba of the Saturday Sioux game not show up a few nights ago against Duluth? He was very shaky against Duluth.

I was very glad to hear Berry and the team say they weren't frustrated but incouraged (still don't know if I buy it 100% but...).  Having attended both of the CC/UND games, my observation was that the Sioux played as hard as they possibly could have.  I was quite pleased with the effort as I was fearful that it was going to be a penalty-filled weekend for the Sioux.  Perhaps the Sioux could've crashed the net more and it would've been nice to see the Sioux get more quality shots on net but you have to give credit to CC's D-Men as well as Zaba between the pipes(CuMac played Friday).  Now the question I have is, how in the world did the Zaba of the Saturday Sioux game not show up a few nights ago against Duluth?  He was very shaky against Duluth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe its the curse of the sucessfull early season run. It happened to the Sioux the last few years and its happening to the Gophers right now.