SiouxSports.com Forum

Don Adam Sucks...

Goon

I am absolutely tired of Don Adam and his inability to give UND a fair shake in any game. Don calls everything against UND but looks the other way when any player of the UofM gives UND players, a hack to the back of their shin guards, a cross check to the back of the head, a run at the goalie. I don

Adams does suck a$$, but he is not the reason we lost tonight.  We hit the #### posts AT LEAST 4 times and never scored on the 3 or 4 breakaways we had.  If our offensive players had converted, we had the game.

Give credit to Weber - he played a good game.  However, Bayda, Skarperud, Lundbohm, Spiewak, Notermann, Schneekloth and Mazurak all did exaclty JACK SQUAT offensively.  Thus, we lose.

I wouldn't blame the ref for tonights game. I think Adams lack of a call on the cross check last night is horrible.

Good effort tonight. now it is time to get  a couple of wins against UAA. I don't think that is out of the question...

Adam may have missed how bad the hit was, but Shepard was there, and could have used the replay to enforce the DQ after the fact, like he did on Doman's. He didn't have the guts to do it to the Gophs, apparently.

Tough listening to this on the radio, they had Adam doing a terrible one sided job. Guess I'll decide myself when I see the tape.

Sioux announcers also wanted the faceoff that led to Leopold's gamewinner brought outside the zone, since Potulny froze the puck. ?????? Don't know, can only listen????

One thing is for sure - if we rely on Canady and Fuher to be the only point scorers, we're screwed.  I don't mean to demean the effort the team gave tonight.  It's just that NONE of our juniors or seniors came through tonight and that is why we lost.

The game was ours for the taking, but the only players who actually got the job done were Fuher and Canady, both freshmen.

Here's to our upperclassmen not sucking wind next weekend.

Adam or no Adam, a good team can play through bad officiating.  We barely made it through last night, and managed to sit on our a$$es in the third ... again.  

Great goaltending was the only thing that kept us in the game, IMO.  The rest of the team showed flashes of brilliance, but overall didn't give a great effort.  We still have not learned how to play with a lead, and finish off the other team.  (See my opinions regarding a lack of leadership.)

At least the gophers wanted to win tonight, much like we did last night.  Now, if we can only hit that consistent stride.  All in all, a nice series, but we still have alot of work to do to finish in the top 4-5.

But we did finally find a goaltender ... does Siembida's facial expression ever change?  That kid is so #### focused ... it's unreal and quite welcome.  ;)

Kuhninca and Scott, I disagree.  When the Sioux were on the PK for the second period, they were hanging on - no doubt about that.  But the Sioux played their guts out in this game, especially the upperclassmen, who were on-ice leaders tonight.  Just because they didn't end up on the scoresheet doesn't mean they didn't play well.  Sprig, I'll be anxious to read your assessment after you see the game.

Officiating recap:

Game 1 summary:

Tyler Palmiscno is very lucky that he isn't contacting Travis Roy about rehab centers. (The replay from the side was scary to watch. Tyler's chin hit dasher and his head snapped back.)

Game 2 summary:

The WCHA "referee a split" doctrine remains in place.

Here is some good news. Don Adam is refed his last game he is going to concentrate on some western league that he is supposed to be a referee in. Sounds like that league must have some brutal officating...

I thought both teams played better last night. But the gophers were a step ahead of the Sioux.

Sioux need to be better in their own end. Still not sure what to do with the puck, and how to play it with authority to get it out of the zone. Also seemed to me that the gophers had the better of getting to loose pucks in our zone.

In the end, I think the scary scoring chances that did not end up in goals were pretty even for both teams. This game could have gone either way.

My biggest regret is the Sioux actually got to the point in the game where I began to believe it might be possible to steal this win. In fact, I was getting to be sure we would score again. Even after MN tied it. But it did not work out that way because we had difficulty clearing our own zone AGAIN in the last several minutes.

Not impressed with the Sioux 4 on 4 play. OW. But, though I have not been impressed with the what I consider to be a passive PK style by the Sioux, I think the gophers only collected 1 PP goal all weekend. How about that?!

Bright spots this weekend for the Sioux:

Goaltending. Gotta like the job Siembida did.

Canady. Looked great this weekend. Much more of a force than what I have seen from him.

Penalty Kill. Not sure how but was effective this weekend

Team got better on Sat. night. My guess is confidence is rising.

As for the officiating.  I did not leave the game thinking we got screwed by the refs.  We could have played a bit better and won this game.  But my impression is the goofs definitely had the better of the calls last night.

Kuhninca, I think the seniors did a good job last night for the most part.  Spiewak just couldn't convert on his 2 chances and that hurt.  but I think the team played better than they did on Sat night when we won.  I think the leadership was there last night.  The team lost but I think they played better.  I think this team is getting better.  Has a ways to go yet, but they are learning and getting better.  I think this team will be the team that no one wants to play in the playoffs.

Go4er I don't think any of us have said reffing had decided the game. I do think that Adam missed quite a few of the cheap shots Taffe was laying on people he is a great Chross Check artist just like Demarchi...

Quote: from Goon on 8:53 am on Jan. 7, 2002

Here is some good news. Don Adam is refed his last game he is going to concentrate on some western league that he is supposed to be a referee in. Sounds like that league must have some brutal officating...

Goon, where'd you hear that?

PS - He's more than an official, he's the Supervisor of Officials for the WCHL and runs a school for training officials! (http://www.donadamskating.com/officiatingcamps.htm)

YIKES!

Geez, i wonder when he said that?  It wasn't until about 8 minutes were left when I began to allow myself to think we might get a point or 2 from this game. Even after that goal I thought we would score again, but I didn't think the gophers were done either.  They had been too close all night.

Kuhnica, I think that you are overly fascinated with stat sheet. Why didn't our upper classmen score? They didn't have the puck much. Why didn't they have the puck? Two reasons: the Sioux couldn't get the puck out of our own end and the Gophers excelled at getting the puck out of their own end. In other words, the Gophers are a better team right now and the ability of their defensemen to move the puck is the biggest difference between the two teams. I'm not down on the Sioux. They have improved dramatically, especially in their level of intensity. They have talent. It just hasn't quite ripened yet..

Comment by Goph annnouncers early in the game is that Shepard told Adam he'd made a mistake on the DeMarchi hit. So why didn't Shepard, as he did with Doman, give him a game suspension? I thought this double standard stuff talked about where the bar for the Gophs is set at a different level than the rest of the WCHA was total BS. After this nonsuspension by Shepard and Adam's one-sided game calling in the Sunday game, I have to wonder.

Good question Sprig, I wounder if the Sioux coaching staff will send video to the league in protest. I just hope Palmo is ok. Tyler has shurley picked up his game a notch...