SiouxSports.com Forum

The Betty (as a venue) so far...

SiouxMeNow

I heard a rumor from a couple of different people at the basketball games this weekend that all games next year will be played at the Betty. The only thing is, I think they may need to somehow add some more seating at both ends (larger portable bleachers) to increase the capacity to something over 4000. In conference play this year, UND averaged just under 4000--with three of the six games having crowds exceeding 4000--so I think the capacity needs to be at least 4200 and preferably a bit more than that if at all possible. It's not as though this year has been unusual in terms of demand for tickets, and with next year's women's team looking like it could be special, I think demand will only increase.  4000-plus in the Betty would be an incredible atmosphere, although with no concourse, which is something both Hyslop and the Ralph have, and relatively few concession stands compared to the Ralph, the comfort level for the fans will decrease a bit, as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a friend at the REA in accounting. This person says scanned tickets (people actually attending), have only been over 3000 once. Attendance figures include all tickets sold even if you do not go. The Betty would have no problem holding the crowds so far. So lets get the, over there

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the concern about the size and configuration of the Betty but we need to remember that, unlike the Ralph, it wasn't built with an unlimited budget. They maybe should have had their fundraising effort before they finalized the design - maybe they would have received enough to have been able to improve the design.

We are worried about the 4,000 capacity - if you remember, until shortly before the construction started, they were only going to have seating for 3,200. That would have really have been a problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Betty right next to the Ralph? How much would an investment in a few hundred feet of extention cord and cable cost you? I'm sure you could pass a hat around at one of the games and easily be able to get the cash to run everything back to the Ralph, even if you Redneck it all up with duct tape. ;)???