SiouxSports.com Forum

Men's BB

UND Fan

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's common practice to let the new coach speak to the incomming recruits before letting anyone out of their letter of intent. It gives the new coach a chance to convince the recruit to come to school to play for the new coach, if the new coach wants to honor the commit. On every LOI it states clearly you are signing with the institution not the heach coach.

I would expect that if the kid still wants to leave after the new coach is named, the kid will be given his release to go any where excluding another conference team.

This happens quite a bit and I can only name one situation where the kid was not given his release and that kid elected to go to prep school for the year.

Shouldn't we be hearing about Glass and UNI soon, the job posting ended last Thursday I think.

It's common practice to let the new coach speak to the incomming recruits before letting anyone out of their letter of intent. It gives the new coach a chance to convince the recruit to come to school to play for the new coach, if the new coach wants to honor the commit. On every LOI it states clearly you are signing with the institution not the heach coach.

I would expect that if the kid still wants to leave after the new coach is named, the kid will be given his release to go any where excluding another conference team.

This happens quite a bit and I can only name one situation where the kid was not given his release and that kid elected to go to prep school for the year.

I knew a school was under no obligation to release a kid from an LOI, but I thought it was newsworthy due to the fact that Rayfield's father was quoted in the Herald article as saying UND would release his son. Where he got that idea, I don't know.

I knew a school was under no obligation to release a kid from an LOI, but I thought it was newsworthy due to the fact that Rayfield's father was quoted in the Herald article as saying UND would release his son. Where he got that idea, I don't know.

The initial conversation the father had with the UND AD was that he would get his release. The AD changed his mind the next day saying he wouldn't release him the "Glas" situation was resolved.

The ironic part of this (if you read the article that was referenced two posts ago) was that Rayfield's high school teammate was granted his release immediately from D2 Lewis University when their head coach left (ironically for Northern Iowa).

The initial conversation the father had with the UND AD was that he would get his release. The AD changed his mind the next day saying he wouldn't release him the "Glas" situation was resolved.

The ironic part of this (if you read the article that was referenced two posts ago) was that Rayfield's high school teammate was granted his release immediately from D2 Lewis University when their head coach left (ironically for Northern Iowa).

I did read the article, and yes, it is quite ironic!

Hey, the men weren't winning many anyway and still not getting paid! :D

Isn't there some quote about "cows" and "free milk" that'd fit in here somewhere? :love:

Indiana? Isn't that where our beloved Myles Brand was president (and where he fired some hack hoop coach named Knight from)?

Playing Indiana and Purdue is cool, even if we get cleaned out.

Of course, the big 1011 continues to duck the UND women's basketball team ... :love:

:D It's even better to beat them as a NON-Exhibition game! The SDSU women, in only 2nd year of transition went 3-4 vs NCAA & WNIT teams, and were about two teams from making the WNIT. Know that year in/year out that the NCC womens top teams were a dog-fight among UND, SDSU, NDSU with all those schools winning national crowns. There are possibilities of post-season champs after 2 yr of transition, and 7yr for NCAA's (tho this is a much more challenging possibility). It's fun to have wins over Nebraska, Alabama, Wisconsin. :lol:

Hope to see you in D-1 games!

The sad part about the interview on Fox was the AD there taking all the credit when Randall was the one who got the Purdue game going and IU....always there for the glory but never taking the heat...epidemic these days!!!!!!!! begin writing the second letter...PLZ!!!!!!

The sad part about the interview on Fox was the AD there taking all the credit when Randall was the one who got the Purdue game going and IU....always there for the glory but never taking the heat...epidemic these days!!!!!!!! begin writing the second letter...PLZ!!!!!!

What are you ever talking about? You come across like you have some big secret all the time, but I can't ever figure out what you're talking about. I'm sure I'm not alone.

I'm guessing there was an interview on Fox TV? Do you want to clarify? Most of us don't live in the GF area. What's with the letter?

At least your hatred for Buning shines through.