SiouxSports.com Forum

...more on Vanek.....

Fighting Sioux #1

yah, but that was with a cream puff schedule! ;)

I just think in the long run the rotating goalies hurt your post season play more than anything else. W/O the top dog ready for end season games by knowing he is the go-to-guy, it seem that inevitably they end up losing that critcal game. Case in point, the loss at the X last spring...IMO at some point you got to pick your boy and let him play the games.

WPoS

IMO I believe Parise was the go to guy.

Back to Minnesota. UND is better off in goal than the Gophers, so I am not going to fret about our rotating goalies.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Goon. Use the 7.

:)

I'll remember that Goon! When it does happen it will be interesting to see what the UND-ers have to say then! :p

Back to TV, IMO he's gone and we should move on, let the young 'uns prove to the league and nation we have the best reload in the country! :)

WPoS

I worry about the Sioux ability to "replace" Bochenski and Parise, two players who, because of their unique skills, are truly irreplaceable.

So many guys have to step up. Maybe it will happen (I hope it does) but I believe that their absence will be obvious for the first two months at least and there will be many times during games that we'll see a play and think "Parise would have made that pass" or "Bochenski would have put that one in."

Never count the Gophs out especially if they get a Mariucci playoff game. They worry me with or without Vanek.

Then again, perhaps my gloomy view is conditioned by the fact that I am also a Boston Red Sox fan, and to me the Gophs are like the Yankees-never count them out.

I worry about the Sioux ability to "replace" Bochenski and Parise, two players who, because of their unique skills, are truly irreplaceable.

So many guys have to step up. Maybe it will happen (I hope it does) but I believe that their absence will be obvious for the first two months at least and there will be many times during games that we'll see a play and think "Parise would have made that pass" or "Bochenski would have put that one in."

Never count the Gophs out especially if they get a Mariucci playoff game. They worry me with or without Vanek.

Then again, perhaps my gloomy view is conditioned by the fact that I am also a Boston Red Sox fan, and to me the Gophs are like the Yankees-never count them out.

Hey Shep..I agree with your post to the letter. Boston Red Sox fan? Native Bostonian here.......3 1/2 back as of this morning :p

Hey Shep..I agree with your post to the letter. Boston Red Sox fan? Native Bostonian here.......3 1/2 back as of this morning :p

We (Red Sox fans) CAN NOT talk about the games behind or something bad will happen.

Let nature take it's course w/o jinxing it, is my view. This morning they were talking about it on Mike and Mike, and I changed the channel so as not to hear it.

Btw, the pen darn near blew it last night.

My apologies to the board for the Red Sox digression. This time of year gets me crazy.

I'd love to be in Fenway for a playoff game (if they make it).

I had the unfortunate position of sitting in the lower bowl on the UND blueline and I saw DU's winning goal against the Sioux. There is no way Parise can be faulted for his play in the regional nor the goal itself. The DU winger/defenseman made a cross ice pass in which the other DU player one timed it. Then, it was deflected at least once. Parise was in position, anticipating the shot, he was just frozen as he did not anticipate the deflection. There was a lot of traffic in front of him. Props to DU for playing a great game; they really bottled up the Sioux in the last 2 minutes. I could've cried.

Honestly, I laugh at people that are mad at Jordon for not winning the regional championship game in Denver, some how it is his fault and he played poorly. It was a one goal game for christ sakes, how many one goal games did Kellen Briggs have. Ha...

Briggs had 10 games in which he allowed 0-1 goals, including four shutouts. UND's rotation had 15 games, including two shutouts.

And as "bad" as Briggs is, his freshman numbers are considerably better than Robb Stauber's freshman year.

Briggs had 10 games in which he allowed 0-1 goals, including four shutouts. UND's rotation had 15 games, including two shutouts.

And as "bad" as Briggs is, his freshman numbers are considerably better than Robb Stauber's freshman year.

Hey it looks like Skippy has reappeared. Figured we would see him at the first sniff of anything that wasn't "pro-Gopher".

So what?

All that means is Jordan's stats were also much better than the former Hobey winner's, which in a sense furthers the point that Sioux fans make about UND goaltenders - so thanks!

But in reality it is an irrelevant point because it is comparing apples and oranges - at this point anyway!