SiouxSports.com Forum

Why no Highschool?

Billy the Kid

I think most people on this board agree that HS hockey talk should be restricted to Tourny time and those teams/players relevant to Sioux hockey i.e. recruits or potential recruits. I thought the thread was ok until a few morons took control of it. I will continue posting on the occasional HS hockey thread, as I've done for the last 6-7 years (I've had various user names and the site has changed administrators).

Some talk of high school hockey as it relates to the Sioux is welcome in the Sioux hockey forum. Other topics likely to be of interest to UND/Grand Forks/North Dakota residents and alums (including N.D. high school sports) are also welcome in the community forum.

GDM explained why the cited thread was closed -- in addition to having deviated very far from the forum topic (Sioux hockey), it had taken on a bad tone of personal bickering.

I think people enjoyed talking about High School hockey, i agree with #1siouxfan22, make a different room for it.

Why don't you or #1siouxfan22 make a forum for high school hockey? This forum is for UND sports. Don't command people to do anything for you. :p

I think people enjoyed talking about High School hockey, i agree with #1siouxfan22, make a different room for it.

Compliments of DMT:

If you want to talk High School Hockey, there are many websites devoted to that, including: NDAHA.ORG or USHSHO.COM.

You can also check out the following nd high school hockey website. Perhaps you should email Bob Gillen and ask him to add a message board to his site.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think HS hockey adds a prespective of this board, but I do not want to see this turn into a UND HS hockey board. There seems to be 4 top topics on HS hockey right now in the community forum, maybe that is just because there is the state tournament going on, but I have seen others sign up just for the HS hockey. Maybe if it was kept to a couple topics it'd be great, and try not to let things get overboard.

Just my two cents.

I think HS hockey adds a prespective of this board, but I do not want to see this turn into a UND HS hockey board.  There seems to be 4 top topics on HS hockey right now in the community forum, maybe that is just because there is the state tournament going on, but I have seen others sign up just for the HS hockey.  Maybe if it was kept to a couple topics it'd be great, and try not to let things get overboard.

Just my two cents.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was typically only one high school thread, if any, during the season. There are more threads now with EDC and State. The threads will probably be done in a week and a half. There is nothing to be concerned about. As far as people just signing up for HS hockey, it could be true that they went from visitors to sign up because there are not many posters. I'm sure a lot of people don't post about UND hockey because other people already post what they were thinking. The hockey forum has also not been that friendly lately. :silly:

• 2 months later...