SiouxSports.com Forum

Central Washington kicking the Sioux

sprig

Klosterman just intercepted late in the 2nd quarter with CW leading 23-7. Sioux getting nowhere on offense since the first drive and Sioux defense getting burned by the CW passing attack.

Whoops, another CW touchdown; 30-7. Is the game over at half time? Ouch. Check that, another CW TD; don't know how they got the ball back that quick, 37-7.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

UND got absolutely destoyed. It wasn't even close. They couldn't run and they couldn't pass. They couldn't stop the run and they couldn't stop the pass. Terrible. I'd compare it to the Sioux hockey series against Mankato last year. Nothing went right. Dustin Thornberg played terrible as did everyone else. Kelby couldn't throw when he had time and he seldom had time. The only thing that went well was Kelby's scrambling ability.

Hopefully they can make a good comeback against Mesa St. next week.

That will teach Kelby to go north. He should have stayed in South Dakota.

Hey, SDSUFAN, how long have you been waiting to make that post?

I'm sure Kelby is sorry he came to UND to win a national championship when no D2 team in South Dakota has even come close to making the playoffs during the time he's been here. And I'm sure Dan Graff and Jesse Ahlers feel the same way.

By the way, when is SDSU going to switch from being a D2 doormat to being a D1 urinal cake? ;)

Hell, SDSU is not even fit to carry UND jock strap, I am probably wrong by even answering this rube. ;) S!#t there isn't anything in SD. Tom Dashcle, nuff said...

My question is has SDSU even ever made the Division two playoffs. Probably not, since I dont' remember it ever happening since I have been in Gand Forks since 1993. Screw the stupid SD Fans, you know what the best thing to come out of SD beside pheasants I 29 North.

I think it is a nice time for a wake up call. Lenon can use this as a serious wake up call.

Wow. UND had a total meltdown yesterday.

I hear that Lennon, when asked how well the team would do at a booster meeting, replied "I don't know. We're a very young team." I'm not sure I agree with them being all that young, although compared to last year that could be argued.

Basically, unless the defense can use some tape study to put things together, UND is going to be exploited with 3 step drop offensive game plans all year. It worked for Grand Valley State last year, although the Sioux squeaked out a championship performance in the last drive. It worked for SCSU and now C. Washington.

This could be a long season (or a short one, if you know what I mean).

The three-step drop has also worked for Augustana against the Sioux. I wasn't surprised that Central Washington put up some points against UND's defense, but I was surprised at how many they scored. I was also surprised at the ineffectiveness of UND's offense.

Kelby couldn't throw when he had time and he seldom had time. The only thing that went well was Kelby's scrambling ability.

I don't know where the hell our offensive line was, but Kelby was under constant pressure and Jim Miller couldn't find any holes to run the ball for the life of him! Maybe it has something to do with graduating 3 senior offensive linesman starters. I thought that was the weakest link.

And Riza had a terrible game after an outstanding debout last week. He's way too small to run the ball unless he has a clear path through the field. I almost cried when I watched him try to avoid a tackle, and in the process, lose about 10 yards. ;)

The Division 2 fighting sue soxers are routed by a team they thought they were going to kick around, say average guess 45-21. What a laugh. What a dose of reality. And then turning on the SDSU fan because of your frustration. Dont forget SCSU used the 3 step against you too and you barely got out of there. Well Im sure Kelby is nursing his golden arm for next week and your return to glory. In the meantime Craig Gorder had a better day than your Harlon Hill hopefull. But I dont think kelbys chances for the Harlon are gone. all you have to do is win out and put up some great stats. can you get the fighting golden Eagles back this year? You guys looked good. Just read your posts about that effort! Maybe that would be a good nickname for you guys if you ever decide to change? Well, back to 7,500 next week.

First non-conference loss in what, eight, ten, years, and the critics are out in full force.

Yeah, I'm sure Kelby's regretting having ever met Luke Schleussner .... and that ring.

I know JBB is rough on you guys, but at least you don't have to put up with stuff like this:

All of u people think the bison rokc, i dont think so. Thier ranked nine in the midwest. GUess what the siouz are ranked? 1

the siouz r gonna kill the bison and everyone else in this stupid conference.

THe sioux dont need to be d-1 becuase they dont need to prove they are better then the bison and lso, sioux have way more students in thier school

guess who waasted wiona last year? SIoux

by the way- central washington is is d-1AA acording to d-1.com.

also, y do u spend ur whole life on this site?

siox have won more then 11 championchips

they ahve won 4 or 5 gilrs b-ball

8 hockey

1 football

2 mens b-bnall

OO ya

i just did check the stats

22 nationla titles by the mens swim team and 13 by the womens and also the men have a strek of 12 starght ncc championchips

i didnt goto the agme today cuz it was sold out becuase UND sells out all of thier games

plus-who has the best hockey rink in the nation? u got it UND UND UND

Ur juts jealous of jim kliensasser cuz hes from UND and was drafted in the second round

highest NCC player ever

Here's the link where it came from:SuperSiouxFan

Well, maybe you guys do have to put up with gopher fans :D

The Division 2 fighting sue soxers are routed by a team they thought they were going to kick around, say average guess 45-21.  What a laugh.  What a dose of reality.  And then turning on the SDSU fan because of your frustration.

Don't you know? I have a special pass that enables me to to bash SDSU fans whenever I feel they deserve it. :D

In any case, it's too early to write off the Sioux. Two years ago when SDSU shocked UND in Brookings at Hobo Day, the Sioux weren't as bad as they played and the Jacks weren't as good as they played. Sometimes a team has one of those days when nothing goes right.

If the Sioux had to get blown out, I'm glad it was early in the season against a non-conference opponent. I'll withhold judgement on how good the team is until it starts playing NCC teams on the road.

Not suprising, CW has appeared in the rankings at #22. More surprising is that the Sioux are ranked above them at #18. Game must have been closer than it sounded :D

http://www.wildcatsports.com/releases/foot...2002-0909b.html

The entire NCC seems to have lost some respect with the pollsters, due in no small part to the CW/UND game, no doubt.