SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Fall Camp

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Yep his is more parallel to ground.

aaronrodgers1.jpg

Going beyond parallel will lead to less consistent accuracy.  Aaron used to have pretty average mechanics when he came into the league. They had time to rebuild his motion from the foundation as he sat behind Favre. Now he has an absolutely effortless stroke.

49 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Going beyond parallel will lead to less consistent accuracy.  Aaron used to have pretty average mechanics when he came into the league. They had time to rebuild his motion from the foundation as he sat behind Favre. Now he has an absolutely effortless stroke.

Effortless stroke.... same

24 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

August 14th Depth chart changes:  OL Jeremy Jenkins has been moved to guard.  Freshman Matt Waletzko has been working with the #2 offense at RT. We feel Waletzko will play this year and would not be surprised if OG Kyle Hergel also plays as a freshman.

https://undfootball360.com/und-football-happenings/

I've already proven once today that I can't read, but I don't see a Kyle Hergel on the roster?? 

56 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

August 14th Depth chart changes:  OL Jeremy Jenkins has been moved to guard.  Freshman Matt Waletzko has been working with the #2 offense at RT. We feel Waletzko will play this year and would not be surprised if OG Kyle Hergel also plays as a freshman.

https://undfootball360.com/und-football-happenings/

Who is Kyle Hergel? Not on the current roster?

Offensive lineman out of a prep school from Canada. Not sure why he isn't on the roster yet, but I believe there was a bit of a hang-up getting him on campus.

Can't see where his actual signing was officially mentioned by UND but got a late offer the end of February and signed in early May. Had at least one other offer from Howard if that matters.

15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not sure if this is good or bad that some freshman might be beating out guys that have been in the system or 2,3, or 4 years??? (stinar, blair, rooney, aplin,....)

I look it as a good thing, the roster UND has right now is very thin with upperclassman at O-Line (5 Total Junior / Seniors). I think the Sophomore O-Line class is very good, a "building block" type of O-Line class. You'll have 3 starters this Fall from that class who are all good players and two solid "depth guys". The reports are very encouraging from this freshman class, it's an absolute must to stack back to back strong classes in that unit.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I look it as a good thing, the roster UND has right now is very thin with upperclassman at O-Line (5 Total Junior / Seniors). I think the Sophomore O-Line class is very good, a "building block" type of O-Line class. You'll have 3 starters this Fall from that class who are all good players and two solid "depth guys". The reports are very encouraging from this freshman class, it's an absolute must to stack back to back strong classes in that unit.

Bubba's first two classes seemed to be pretty weak on OL.  That first class (now seniors if redshirted) I can't fully blame Bubba but the second one wasn't great either.  Usually your juniors and seniors are leading the way...particularly on the OL.   It seems like since then they have gotten some pretty decent guys.  Kinda stinks that we are young this year at OL, but it appears  that we have some younger OL that are the type we will need when we start MVFC play.  (I say appears...before someone jumps on me....because I know they haven't proven anything yet)

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

Bubba's first two classes seemed to be pretty weak on OL.  That first class (now seniors if redshirted) I can't fully blame Bubba but the second one wasn't great either.  Usually your juniors and seniors are leading the way...particularly on the OL.   It seems like since then they have gotten some pretty decent guys.  Kinda stinks that we are young this year at OL, but it appears  that we have some younger OL that are the type we will need when we start MVFC play.  (I saw appears...before someone jumps on me....because I know they haven't proven anything yet)

I feel like quite a few of the OL he was probably banking on haven’t stayed true to their commitments.