SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Memorabilia

BisonMav

There is a sports collectables show at the Fargodome on Saturday April 24, from 10am-4pm. The show is part of the Outback Steakhouse Charity Bison Spring Game festivities. Even though it is a NDSU event, there will be UND items, mostly paper (trading cards, programs, postcards etc) for sale. North Dakota related items including Roger Maris, Darrin Erstad, Travis Hafner, Phil Jackson, Phil Hansen, Dave Osborn, Lamar Gordon, Dave Christian, Ed Belfour, etc. There will also be people looking to buy items of the same, along with other new and vintage sports related items. Phil Hansen will be making an autograph appearance. There is also a Hot Tub sale, Charity Auction, Kid's games. Proceeds from the events are donated to the Make-A-Wish foundation.

Personally I would be interested in any programs or yearbooks with Phil Jackson in them, Roger Maris (Maras) items, and any Minneapolis Lakers items. There was a Grand Forks company that produced a set of Minneapolis Lakers cards in the 1950's.

It doesn't surprise me that there'd be a lot of UND stuff. A lot of UNDers living in Fargo area. I asked some salespeople at the Scheels in West Acres a few years ago about how well the UND stuff sold. They said that it sold better than the NDSU stuff.

It doesn't surprise me that there'd be a lot of UND stuff. A lot of UNDers living in Fargo area. I asked some salespeople at the Scheels in West Acres a few years ago about how well the UND stuff sold. They said that it sold better than the NDSU stuff.

That's because they have a larger variety and the same items priced 25-50% less at Varsity Mart. :D

It doesn't surprise me that there'd be a lot of UND stuff.  A lot of UNDers living in Fargo area.  I asked some salespeople at the Scheels in West Acres a few years ago about how well the UND stuff sold.  They said that it sold better than the NDSU stuff.

Scheels is more into the sports logo wear. The Memorabilia show will be more sportscards, old game programs, autographs, equipment etc. I do know one UND fan in the Twin Cities that has almost every trading card of anyone from UND that has a trading card. Here is a auction site with some nice examples of memorabilia.

Mastonet Link