SiouxSports.com Forum

Nickname....Who's everybody mad at?

John W.

Been reading comments about the upcoming FB season for the F'n Hawks...I have seasons and am looking forward to it...

Some folks still are calling them 'Sioux'....my question  to those folks are..."Who are you mad at? or are you just tormented like a 3 year old who didn't get their way?"

It's not the fault of the NCAA...if it were...whey did Florida State , Illinois and Utah keep their NA names?  Is it the AD, Administration, Coaches, what????

The real culprit, if there is one is the ND legislature and some 'boosters-mainly hockey'....they treated the Native American people of ND badly and tried to 'ram' the name down their throats....all under the 'guise' of respect....When for former finally realized...hey we can't be heavy handed in this matter...it was too late....some NA entities were 'pissed' at the process....

Upset...look inward...

• Downvote 11

It's bloggers with names like  yours....and those who call the team(s) Sioux that keep it going.....and the name of this site.....That's what keeps it going.....It's over.....it's a dead issue....why don't the "Susie's' let it go????…."Redskins' Forever"....(GFC)

• Downvote 12

10 minutes ago, John W. said:

It's bloggers with names like  yours....and those who call the team(s) Sioux that keep it going.....and the name of this site.....That's what keeps it going.....It's over.....it's a dead issue....why don't the "Susie's' let it go????…."Redskins' Forever"....(GFC)

Hahaha you started the thread, buddy.

Bringing it up keeps the "problem" rolling. Just ignore it and it'll go away. If you don't like this site, move on. Keep on being a warrior for your cause. I'm sure it'll work lol.

I stopped using Sioux in my blogs last year. I may actually bring it back, now. :silly:

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, John W. said:

Go Sioux! Once a Sioux always a Sioux

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, John W. said:

You can't fix 'stupid'...some. People like to live 'in  the past'....glad I've taught my kids to think/reason....

It's funny how upset you are about this.

Ah, yes... you're the BEST parent. Buddy, you are ADORABLE.

You and people like you, on both sides, are why this discussion continues. Making yourself out to be better than someone else for their vs. your opinion makes you the problem.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

What about the people that were never a Sioux?

One of the guys we sit with at the races offered his opinion about the Fighting Sioux nickname. He's of native descent and said that his tribe (Standing Rock) didn't' give him a chance to vote on the issue. That being said. I am way over the nickname. It's not coming back. I have a nice mixture of new and old stuff. I've worn the new logo with the old logo. I do also like the set up of the FightingHawks.com website. The logo is all over the place. Very prevalent. 

• Upvote 4