SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

Football has a couple limbo years. We are no longer technically in the Big Sky even tho we're playing a BSC schedule. So will our home fb games still be on Pluto TV? If not is UND working with Midco to have them streamed on their site until we move to the MVFC? 

• 1 month later...

Read something on Bisonville that the MVFC (not sure about Summit) is moving away from ESPN3 and towards ESPN+.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39372-Espn/page1

Other links:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?204524-ESPN

https://redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=784

I haven't dug into this much, but my understanding is:

ESPN3 - Internet viewing, where access is often included with your cable package. I know that is how mine works. I have cable, which includes online access to ESPN3.

ESPN+ - Internet viewing, completely separate from your cable package, for any additional $4.95/month. In Short, you are paying more, for what you already had.

Not sure if this will take effect immediately or not, but it is something to be aware of as UND moves towards the MVFC.

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Read something on Bisonville that the MVFC (not sure about Summit) is moving away from ESPN3 and towards ESPN+.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39372-Espn/page1

Other links:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?204524-ESPN

https://redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=784

I haven't dug into this much, but my understanding is:

ESPN3 - Internet viewing, where access is often included with your cable package. I know that is how mine works. I have cable, which includes online access to ESPN3.

ESPN+ - Internet viewing, completely separate from your cable package, for any additional $4.95/month. In Short, you are paying more, for what you already had.

Not sure if this will take effect immediately or not, but it is something to be aware of as UND moves towards the MVFC.

This will be a plus for those who's internet / cable service does not include ESPN3. In the past some of my providers did not have it included which was a pain.

46 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

This will be a plus for those who's internet / cable service does not include ESPN3. In the past some of my providers did not have it included which was a pain.

Might be that extra motivation I needed to just ditch cable altogether.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

Does anyone know if ESPN3 access is included with Dish Network? I currently have access to it thru Midco but am also thinking of dropping cable but will still want access on my farm. 

Yes and it's light years ahead of pluto.tv

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

Does anyone know if ESPN3 access is included with Dish Network? I currently have access to it thru Midco but am also thinking of dropping cable but will still want access on my farm. 

ESPN3 might be, but ESPN+ will be a separate online subscription with a monthly charge.

I'm at a loss how UND Insider currently works since the web site change. When I hit subscribe on the website, it takes me to UND Insider on You Tube. Does this mean that I have to subscribe through You Tube in order to view live events or add/update an UND Insider subscription?

56 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

It does if you have the top 120 or above package. Log into the app with your mydish credentials

30 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I would guess that's a lingering remnant of the Big Sky for the next two seasons given that is their primary platform. 

Definitely. It's actually a bonus for UND they are letting them remain on the platform as there wouldn't be any good options without it. I suppose the flip side is 8 of the 11 games are Big Sky opponents, so it makes sense regardless.

Of the remaining 3, I'd only expect MVSU to be broadcast on Pluto. The UW game will be on the PAC-12 network and SHSU will be on either ESPN3/WatchESPN or ESPN+.

8 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Definitely. It's actually a bonus for UND they are letting them remain on the platform as there wouldn't be any good options without it. I suppose the flip side is 8 of the 11 games are Big Sky opponents, so it makes sense regardless.

Of the remaining 3, I'd only expect MVSU to be broadcast on Pluto. The UW game will be on the PAC-12 network and SHSU will be on either ESPN3/WatchESPN or ESPN+.

They could stream the games on youtube or und insider.  Both would probably work better.  Side note - wish midco would get into the streaming business for out of staters.

28 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

They could stream the games on youtube or und insider.  Both would probably work better.  Side note - wish midco would get into the streaming business for out of staters.

I 100% agree. I would pay a small season pass fee to Midco for streaming as long as the quality is good. Or ESPN+

I will say though that watchbigsky.com has been pretty good for me. Some of it depends on the host and SUU comes to mind. Every stream they produce seems to have issues.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I imagine they didn't want to remove UND from the streaming platform because it means visiting schools couldn't have their fans watch a top notch broadcast. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Is it primarily a Big Sky schedule for 2019 or fully independent and scramble to fill?  

The BSC was kind to UND (or maybe just looking out for itself) when it said they'd keep UND on the FB schedules for 2018 and 2019. (MVFC in 2020 for UND.) 

• Upvote 1