SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Finances - Schools Revenue / Expenses

On 6/29/2018 at 9:25 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The revenue column that raises Kennedy's eyebrow in these challenging financial times is "School Funds".

Where are the concession $, parking fees, etc; or is there an accounting misfire.

My question is why is UND so reliant on funds from the state? 43% compared to 29% for NDSU. You are right, if the state continues to lower funding to Higher Ed, it will affect UND much more than NDSU. 

35 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

My question is why is UND so reliant on funds from the state? 43% compared to 29% for NDSU. You are right, if the state continues to lower funding to Higher Ed, it will affect UND much more than NDSU. 

Because women's hockey is still included in the numbers and at the time, UND was offering 4 more non-revenue sports than NDSU. 

38 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Why are you worried about it?

19 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Just wondering why the State of ND would fund athletics at UND to the tune of $8 million compared to $4 million at NDSU? Seems like both should be equal.

Because UND is the flagship.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Just wondering why the State of ND would fund athletics at UND to the tune of $8 million compared to $4 million at NDSU? Seems like both should be equal.

Why is the State of ND funding that difference?  I honestly don't know.

7 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

The state gives every school a set amount of money based on student credits. What each school does with that money is up to the school. 

Then why won’t the state allow the schools to use state money for athletic facilities? 

9 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Then why won’t the state allow the schools to use state money for athletic facilities? 

Probably because people like you would spend every dollar ndsu gets on making sure the football team gets taken care of. 

14 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Funding for building projects is a bit more specific I guess, probably because of the publicity that comes with it. Spend some state money (which has been mixed with tuition money so you don't really know what's what) on athletics and message board rubes complain about what they think they might know. Spend state money on a building project and it's on the front page of the paper. 

5 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Probably because people like you would spend every dollar ndsu gets on making sure the football team gets taken care of. 

Pretty much all NDSU sports get taken care of - Track, BB, Baseball, and Softball all have new or upgraded facilities.  

The ticket sales at UND and NDSU are interesting.  Since 2006 UND’s has seen a moderate increase.  I suppose the hockey numbers are relatively maxed out.  NDSU’s ticket sales in 2005 were under 900k and were 5.6m in 2017.  That’s an impressive increase without adding a revenue sport.

4 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

The ticket sales at UND and NDSU are interesting.  Since 2006 UND’s has seen a moderate increase.  I suppose the hockey numbers are relatively maxed out.  NDSU’s ticket sales in 2005 were under 900k and were 5.6m in 2017.  That’s an impressive increase without adding a revenue sport.

Shows how much a successful football program can add to the athletics bottom line.

• Upvote 1