Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

NCAA Finances - Schools Revenue / Expenses

Recommended Posts

UND Revenues since 2006

YEAR TICKET SALES CONTRIBUTIONS RIGHTS / LICENSING STUDENT FEES SCHOOL FUNDS OTHER TOTAL REVENUES
2017 $4,551,261 $4,029,864 $4,512,681 $3,507,690 $9,726,069 $1,873,784 $28,201,349
2016 $4,520,724 $3,167,902 $3,001,227 $3,341,123 $8,589,810 $2,259,233 $24,880,019
2015 $4,298,043 $3,696,937 $3,159,096 $3,259,632 $7,343,918 $2,530,149 $24,287,775
2014 $4,296,792 $3,428,740 $1,911,649 $3,143,330 $10,213,919 $821,440 $23,815,870
2013 $4,078,364 $3,492,414 $1,562,944 $3,031,177 $7,944,846 $2,050,563 $22,160,308
2012 $3,889,681 $3,108,472 $1,074,967 $3,328,160 $5,936,899 $2,051,750 $19,389,929
2011 $3,777,153 $3,180,929 $1,189,495 $3,300,444 $5,701,923 $1,566,220 $18,716,164
2010 $3,576,178 $3,447,921 $1,111,392 $3,099,627 $5,291,635 $1,670,737 $18,197,490
2009 $3,465,362 $2,608,953 $834,639 $2,895,691 $4,810,761 $1,446,856 $16,062,262
2008 $3,823,452 $1,833,804 $1,216,976 $1,948,138 $3,510,013 $1,136,858 $13,469,241
2007 $3,503,718 $2,149,221 $1,188,555 $1,097,638 $2,979,478 $1,277,049 $12,195,659
2006 $3,301,439 $1,669,688 $2,109,197 $1,007,007 $2,845,772 $1,116,682 $12,049,785

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UND Expenses since 2006

YEAR COACHING / STAFF SCHOLARSHIPS FACILITIES / OVERHEAD OTHER TOTAL EXPENSES
2017 $7,518,995 $5,332,244 $4,121,672 $9,754,432 $26,727,343
2016 $7,492,890 $4,649,941 $3,097,156 $11,087,890 $26,327,877
2015 $7,068,007 $4,272,016 $2,833,846 $10,121,709 $24,295,578
2014 $6,528,909 $3,883,398 $2,800,934 $10,723,488 $23,936,729
2013 $5,869,534 $3,823,465 $2,818,522 $9,565,629 $22,077,150
2012 $5,751,748 $3,392,156 $2,335,473 $8,594,005 $20,073,382
2011 $5,483,195 $3,074,957 $2,268,298 $7,769,281 $18,595,731
2010 $5,003,226 $2,900,016 $2,174,575 $7,933,663 $18,011,480
2009 $4,646,607 $2,551,112 $2,066,379 $6,384,803 $15,648,901
2008 $3,891,839 $1,834,560 $2,057,620 $5,630,204 $13,414,223
2007 $3,394,330 $1,825,385 $1,979,251 $4,824,373 $12,023,339
2006 $3,210,368 $1,598,264 $2,011,057 $5,220,006 $12,039,695

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All data in 1st 4 posts of this thread are from USA Today /NCAA Finances

Rank     School       Conference       Revenue       Expenses     2016-17

25 Minnesota     Big Ten $116,376,862 $114,201,678

 

112 North Dakota    Big Sky $28,201,349 $26,727,343
113 Illinois State Mo. Valley $27,852,407 $25,144,172
114 Wichita State Mo. Valley $27,791,259 $26,182,954
115 N Dakota State Summit $27,267,507 $28,124,505
116 Montana             Big Sky $27,192,240 $21,206,839
118 Missouri St   Mo. Valley $26,374,654 $26,374,654
127 Idaho                    Big Sky $23,825,002 $22,817,285
129 Neb-Omaha         Summit $22,956,239 $20,261,523
130 Southern Illinois MoValley $22,722,740 $26,785,157
131 South Dakota St Summit $22,075,310 $20,880,295
132 Montana State     Big Sky $21,927,521 $20,768,973
141 Northern Iowa Mo. Valley $19,497,119 $18,375,024
143 South Dakota       Summit $19,256,962 $18,904,718
147 Northern Arizona Big Sky $18,353,486 $18,511,105
155 Northern Colorado BigSky $17,289,706 $15,905,651
191 Idaho State           Big Sky $13,228,486 $13,245,509
203 Western Illinois   Summit $11,944,035 $13,027,183

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revenue won’t change much as most sports that were cut were non revenue

 

i expect expenses to go down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Revenue won’t change much as most sports that were cut were non revenue

 

i expect expenses to go down 

Football revenue will grow a ton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Football revenue will grow a ton.

What component of football revenue will increase significantly?  I'm surprised by the ticket revenue being so low.  NDSU's ticket sales were over $1,000,000 more than UND, and UND had 21 home hockey games last year.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

What component of football revenue will increase significantly?  I'm surprised by the ticket revenue being so low.  NDSU's ticket sales were over $1,000,000 more than UND, and UND had 21 home hockey games last year.  

There are still many empty seats to be filled at the Alerus. According to @Oxbow6‘s math which has been verified as “fuzzy” it can grow by 25% to reach capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

There are still many empty seats to be filled at the Alerus.

About 2,000 avg attendance short of sellouts. Plus if we start selling out, media rights will increase with higher demands from the public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even just when the 2017-18 numbers come in, they should be quite higher for ticket revenue.  Increased prices in hockey and an extra 1,500 people per game at the Alerus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

I always raise an eyebrow when "other" is the largest amount, how does one get that broken down?

The revenue column that raises Kennedy's eyebrow in these challenging financial times is "School Funds".

Where are the concession $, parking fees, etc; or is there an accounting misfire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The revenue column that raises Kennedy's eyebrow in these challenging financial times is "School Funds".

Where are the concession $, parking fees, etc; or is there an accounting misfire.

With the REA and Alerus...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the money that UND has paid to the REA has went from $1.7 million to nearly $2.4 million for ticket revenue only (completely excluding box office and other fees) and people are up in arms about Kennedy wanting to renegotiate the usage agreement.....

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

UND Expenses since 2006

YEAR COACHING / STAFF SCHOLARSHIPS FACILITIES / OVERHEAD OTHER TOTAL EXPENSES
2017 $7,518,995 $5,332,244 $4,121,672 $9,754,432 $26,727,343
2016 $7,492,890 $4,649,941 $3,097,156 $11,087,890 $26,327,877
2015 $7,068,007 $4,272,016 $2,833,846 $10,121,709 $24,295,578
2014 $6,528,909 $3,883,398 $2,800,934 $10,723,488 $23,936,729
2013 $5,869,534 $3,823,465 $2,818,522 $9,565,629 $22,077,150
2012 $5,751,748 $3,392,156 $2,335,473 $8,594,005 $20,073,382
2011 $5,483,195 $3,074,957 $2,268,298 $7,769,281 $18,595,731
2010 $5,003,226 $2,900,016 $2,174,575 $7,933,663 $18,011,480
2009 $4,646,607 $2,551,112 $2,066,379 $6,384,803 $15,648,901
2008 $3,891,839 $1,834,560 $2,057,620 $5,630,204 $13,414,223
2007 $3,394,330 $1,825,385 $1,979,251 $4,824,373 $12,023,339
2006 $3,210,368 $1,598,264 $2,011,057 $5,220,006 $12,039,695

Would like to see this broke down to different sports....   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So the money that UND has paid to the REA has went from $1.7 million to nearly $2.4 million and people are up in arms about Kennedy wanting to renegotiate the usage agreement.....

Is this information posted in the this thread in the first few posts, from your personal archives, or elsewhere?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Is this information posted in the this thread in the first few posts, from your personal archives, or elsewhere?  

Assuming the current agreement was in place in 2006, which was after the Betty was built and has been stated hasn't been changed over the years, those number represent 52% of ticket revenues between 2006 and 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Would like to see this broke down to different sports....   

Good luck finding an accurate account of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Good luck finding an accurate account of that.

lol, i have trouble finding many things, this seems above my means, desires, and capabilities.  but I sure would find it interesting if someone did the leg work, even better if could be verifiable.  skeptic curmudgeon on display, get off my lawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Would like to see this broke down to different sports....   

It is available, however there is many millions that are allocated under "general" funds and even the numbers that are allocated to each sport are suspect at best as there is no exact science or method for collegiate athletics accounting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×