SiouxSports.com Forum

Hennessey

SIOUXFAN97

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i do too...just wondering if he would leave midco to be the radio guy?

Might be risky with radio rights switching from time to time, but Hennessey switched stations a few times but still was left out in the cold when Dan Terhaar was at KNOX.  Would guess Midco will be a part of the picture for a while. 

According to some people on here, all that matters is if he is good at sales. So I suppose they could just pull someone out of the sales department, put him in front of the mic and tell him he doesn't have to know anything about hockey because the color guy will take care of that for him (sarcasm). :silly:

43 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

According to some people on here, all that matters is if he is good at sales. So I suppose they could just pull someone out of the sales department, put him in front of the mic and tell him he doesn't have to know anything about hockey because the color guy will take care of that for him (sarcasm). :silly:

what does tim sell?

Looker has stated publicly that he has, and will have, his eyes set solely on Hennessy's job when the time comes.  I think Looker is awesome at the PA stuff, but having heard him call women's games on the radio sparingly, the energy wasn't there that Tim brings.  Tim is the best in the business, so it's like trying to replace Michael Jordan...you just can't do it.  When looking at it that way, Darin might be just fine.

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

whenever tim retires who gets his job...i've heard that looker is next in line or would the midco guy go for it?

Pat Sweeney?  I enjoyed him calling games for WDAZ and the FSSN.  Where did he end up? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

:crazy:

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

:crazy:

I was being sarcastic; thus the roll-eyes emoticon at the end of it. I posted that because some time ago, people were talking about Pat Sweeney taking over for Dan Hammer when Hammer left MidcoSN, and a few posters said Sweeney wouldn't work because "he isn't good enough at sales". I was mocking that perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Cunningham on KNOX is an excellent play by play guy for any sport it seems.  I really enjoy listening to him regardless if it is hockey, football, basketball, or volleyball.  He does a tremendous job in my opinion.  I'd love to hear him doing UND games in some fashion in the future..........